[Archive] Issue #3 Work-Thread

Willmark:

Just some thoughts to start things off.

One switch I’d like to make for this issue is in terms of proofing. Right now we cram a lot of work in a short timeframe. Rather, as articles come in let’s work on them and get them revised.

This would be a huge benefit to me in terms of word count and positioning in the layout but also mean that I can start with the finalized copy, rather the doing cut and pasting to preserve formatting.

Thoughts?

Sojourn:

YESSSSSSSS. very good idea. 40 pages is daunting given a busy dynamic work schedule (aka. working late a lot on short notice)

Willmark:

Thommy is confirmed for Issue #3 for Part III of his story.

Cover art is mostly done. Xander will have to do some graphical work there.

I also have another artist coming on line who should be joining the forum. He’s a buddy of mine and a very talented artist with Adobe Illustrator. He is partial to wargames and has played them from time to time but just wants to help out! Can’t beat a deal like that.

cornixt:

I’ve written a couple of short fluff pieces that you should be able to fit into annoying gaps. I’ll do a few more over the next week or so.

Willmark:

Cool. Those that fit 1/2, 1/4 (much tougher obviously) or a single page are usually the best for short stuff.

Willmark:

If he agrees Ghrask Dragh is going to be the subject of issue #3’s Testament of a Dawi-Zharr.

Sojourn:

nice, everything is falling together. :slight_smile:

have any articles been submitted?

Willmark:

Two articles to start with.

Also, I will be posting a link to the overview. Last time it was in a word file, This time around I’m thinking we might use google docs so it can be updated by anyone and everyone can see the current and future layouts in terms of content. I figure this will be a big help to Cornixt and the new position I’m looking to fill, thoughts on the matter?

Willmark:

Ok Sojourn and I spoke she will be getting rolling on her end shortly.

Willmark:

Just to let everyone know a PDF of Issue #3 to be proofed is now loaded to go-plan.