[Archive] Issue with viewing site from mobile device

sparrow:

I have often browsed the CDO forums from my iphone while sitting on the train to and from work when last week an error message stopped me.

Bad request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Size of request header field exceeds server limit.

If this is a problem with my phone then if anyone has had a similar issue and can offer advice I’d be most greatful.

I have no idea after over half a year or more of access why it would suddenly stop. (If it wasn’t for the phone I would never have got back into Warhammer or Chaos Dwarfs.)

With thanks in advance

Jon

ps. If this needs to be moved then I understand. I tried to post it under the website related section but obviously thats a restricted area.

Thommy H:

I’ve been having trouble with the site over the last couple of days anyway - it might be something to do with CDO at the moment rather than your phone.

sparrow:

Yeah, I think you might be right Thommy.

I thought it best to blame the phone first mind, I’m not exactly on par with computers and the like at the best of times.

Cheers for the quick reply, Jon

Obsidian:

Browsing the site from my Iphone right now! Haven’t had any problems so far, thankfully!

Willmark:

Interesting. Can you guys further narrow the times down for me so I can check to see if there was anything untold.

sparrow:

Time wise is a bit tricky, it’s all the time, but it cut out on me about 10 days ago.

My iphone is not the most recent. It’s just a 3G but I have no problems accessing any other site I visit. I can even access the CDO wiki and sometimes the main CDO screen (with some errors at times mind), but as soon as I try to open the index page for the forums it gives the error 400 I typed earlier.

If Obsidian isn’t having any problems then I guess it must be something up with my phone. I live in Japan and that can sometimes cause problems with internet access, but in this case I doubt thats the problem.

Loki:

I am fine looking at the site from my I phone have not had any problems todate

vulcanologist:

Almost always use my iPhone to browse the site…I’m afraid it sounds like a problem at your end!

Vash:

i use both a Nokia N79 and a Nokia N97 mini (depends on what work i’m doing or if i’m free/weekend) and both phones have no problems with the forums… never looked at the main site with them though, used goolge to search for the forum and bookmarked that.

i did have a problem a while back with the main site… it gave an error about me not having quicktime installed or something and failed to load the page. but again, i have the index of the forum bookmarked so i usualy skip the main site alltogether

cornixt:

Vash, that was probably to do with an active control for listening to the podcast directly.

I’ve not had any recent problems with viewing the site. I try not to do it on my phone much, but not had any problems there either.

Willmark:

Time wise is a bit tricky, it's all the time, but it cut out on me about 10 days ago.

My iphone is not the most recent. It's just a 3G but I have no problems accessing any other site I visit. I can even access the CDO wiki and sometimes the main CDO screen (with some errors at times mind), but as soon as I try to open the index page for the forums it gives the error 400 I typed earlier.

If Obsidian isn't having any problems then I guess it must be something up with my phone. I live in Japan and that can sometimes cause problems with internet access, but in this case I doubt thats the problem.

sparrow
Tried it from my 3G iPhone and no problems,

sparrow:

Yeah I guessed it might have been something wrong at my end.

Thanks everyone for checking for me.

Jon

sparrow:

Just a quick update on this, I got it to work again.

I basically cleared all the data from the phones memory and did a hard restart and it’s now working fine. I truely didn’t think it was a memory issue because I had no problem with any other website, but it seems I was wrong.

Sorry to mess you guys around, and thanks again for helping out and checking your own phones.

Once again I can sit back and enjoy CDO away from home.

Cheers, Jon

Willmark:

Nope. No worries. We used to have a number of site performance issues which took a long time to fully resolve. As a result we try to stay on top of these.