[Archive] It is finally happening! Chaos Dwarfs are coming!

bas_2312:

They’re too expensive for me. I’m very interested in the upcoming armylist though! Should be fun. Or maybe I should build a Warriors of Chaos army so I can use them as Special choices.

Blue in VT:

I love the style but am turned off by the price...at nearly 6$ per figure for rank and file there is no way I'll be adding of these pieces to my collection.  I do look fwd to seeing some painted examples though.

Cheers,

Blue

Blue in VT
They are basically the same price as other forge world models so we should have expected these prices. They are only a few pence more expensive than a unit of 10 DKoK

Pyro Stick
That is true...which is why I own no FW products...its just Silly.

Honestly it seem to me like they are just trying to see what they can get away with as far as pricing goes...and it seems to work for them...just not for me.

Blue

Smog:

I’m definatly getting one unit of 20 to use as immortals or some other elite unit.

Willmark:

Finally time for all of the naysayers to start eating crow…

I’ll be glad to provide the salt and pepper for those that need it.

Kered:

I have no interest in the models except for inspiration. I’m mainly looking forward to all the new rules.
I think the infernal guard replace CD warriors as the main core since they are listed as “a Core choice in the Legion of Azgorh army list.”

Mr Saturday:

Expensive…but hey, new chaos dwarves. I greet them with cautious optimism. That said, I will be getting at least the command. Chaos dwarf command figs are like precious jewels, especially for non-big hat.

Borador:

They are nice, especially the machines.
To me, the machines which we already saw in pictures and the iron deamon are utterly amazing, shame they are so expensive though. At these prices I’d rather buy MM90’s and 2nd/3rd eds I think, although I am looking forward to seeing these beautifully sculpted miniatures painted.

Thorne:

Well least we will be getting a rule set soon that I will buy, I’m pretty certain that I can replicate simmilar models cheaper but damn they look like brag’s CD’s.

cornixt:

First person to chop down a plastic Black Orc and add a beard gets some Kudos!

sparrow:

I’m very excited to see these guys being released, however I find that with this release a chunk of my motivation to convert and build my own army has been somewhat lost.

The models themselves look pretty good, with perhaps the exception of the arms, which make them look like they could walk around on their hands without having to lift their feet off the ground. I’ve always thought that the GW’s dwarfs had long arms but these guys have set a new precedent.

All in all an exciting release, but with it comes the reality of what will happen to the CD’s in the long run and like Tommy said, I have slightly mixed feelings about it.

Swissdictator:

Chaos Dwarf Infernal units are Special choices for a Warriors of Chaos army that also includes at least one Chaos Dwarf character with the Daemonsmith* special rule, and a Core choice in the Legion of Azgorh* army list.

This has me VERY excited.

They don’t explain the * by Azgorh, but I am suspecting it may be a list with the the Throne of Chaos book, albeit I am hoping it is an army book in its own right. The Legion of Azgorh may be the first new Chaos Dwarf ‘army’, albeit via ForgeWorld rules. Much like that one IG army that were modeled after WWI Germany. I could see it being allowed in some tournaments, especially in my area… possibly with one or two restrictions on having a siege train.

Edit: I will use my Chaos Dwarfs for now, but I do love the Infernal Guard figures! May get them depending on the army list.

dncswlf:

Wow… not feeling the resin… and at those prices I’d rather finish my 2nd/3rd edition collection up… still have way to much to purchase… new rules might be fun though…

Necrotique:

Chaos Dwarf Infernal units are Special choices for a Warriors of Chaos army that also includes at least one Chaos Dwarf character with the Daemonsmith* special rule, and a Core choice in the Legion of Azgorh* army list.

This has me VERY excited.

They don't explain the * by Azgorh, but I am suspecting it may be a list with the the Throne of Chaos book, albeit I am hoping it is an army book in its own right. The Legion of Azgorh may be the first new Chaos Dwarf 'army', albeit via ForgeWorld rules. Much like that one IG army that were modeled after WWI Germany. I could see it being allowed in some tournaments, especially in my area... possibly with one or two restrictions on having a siege train.

Edit: I will use my Chaos Dwarfs for now, but I do love the Infernal Guard figures! May get them depending on the army list.

Swissdictator
From my understanding it'll be like the old "retinue" rules for Realms of Chaos, in that you can pick different "legions"
Looking forward to getting the book when it's out. If it's even half as lavish as the Imperial Armour series then I'll be a happy camper :)

:cheers

GRNDL:

cornixt
Uhm, I had a Black Orc with a beard for my GH#5 entry.... do I get the kudos??

tjub:

They look pretty sweet!

rabotak:

Being a collector, I´m definitely aiming at getting a set of each new unit, despite them being expensive and not all having big hats …

being a gamer, I want to support the model line to support further continuation of chaos dwarfs rules and possibly even more new models at a later time

Obsidian:

Must…resist…

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

clam:

Does anyone else find the design resemblance to Bagg's work uncanny?  Particularly the scale mail shape?

Xander
Nope, and I said so already when the art work was previewed. Bagg should have sued them for stealing his work :D

But I bet you that Bagg will see a grater demand for his figs now, as they are a way cheaper alternative to bulk up an army in the same style. So he is probably laughing all the way to the bank :D

Grimstonefire:

Does anyone else find the design resemblance to Bagg's work uncanny?  Particularly the scale mail shape?

Xander
If the Infernal Guard had been sculpted with a similar feel to Bagg's models (incl. similar armoured beards) and with shorter arms I would have bought loads of them. :~

Can't say I find them too similar (unfortunately). Scale mail is usually done in similar styles, I would have been surprised if they had done really long spikes for instance.

cornixt:

cornixt
Uhm, I had a Black Orc with a beard for my GH#5 entry.... do I get the kudos??

GRNDL
You get some, but not the full amount!