[Archive] It is finally happening! Chaos Dwarfs are coming!

Swissdictator:

Looked at the train rules, and honestly they seem like they are fairly reasonable. If that’s the “train” they’ve been showing, than I can see that the Chaos Dwarf list in Throne of Chaos may be fully accepted in the community. One good angled cannonball and the whole thing is wrecked/destroyed!

If we assume the Infernal Guard are our primary infantry in that list, I am somewhat stoked. We may have less regular warriors, but our warriors will be significantly better.

I absolutely love the Blackshard Armour. Very thematic, but not entirely out of line either. I am wondering if this may be a standard armor for Chaos Dwarfs? Equipped with shields they will have the armor save of an Ironbreaker or Chaos Warrior! They’re slightly more durable with how much more popular flaming attacks have gotten. They’ll still be deadly with shields due to the S4, and unless there is a better banner in the list, give them the razor standard and they’ll be able to drop even armored foe without too much difficulty.

I am curious to see the new Hailshot Blunderbuss rules, but I will likely field such a unit.I will likely get the Iron Daemon as it seems like a beast on the field!

wallacer:

I was going to say something, but this sums up my feelings so well I will merely quote it:

Being a collector, I´m definitely aiming at getting a set of each new unit

rabotak
being a gamer, I want to support the model line to support further continuation of chaos dwarfs rules and possibly even more new models at a later time

rabotak

Xander:

Just placed my order for one of each! May is going to be a good month! My Avatars of War plastic Berserkers will be shipping around the same time. :slight_smile:

tjub:

My Avatars of War plastic Berserkers will be shipping around the same time. :)

Xander
Im still waiting for a size comparison with GW before I get any...

furrie:

When I get them and nobody else has posted a size comparising pic, I will post it.

Bugmans Brew:

I hope they are not standard troops because they are missing the hats!!

Pyro Stick:

I hope they are not standard troops because they are missing the hats!!

Bugmans Brew
I think the big hats have been reserved for the characters/lords/heroes/sorcerers.

secret apprentice:

I bought 33 infernal guard and the train immediately… bring on the rest of the releases!

KramDratta:

I got the train. Still thinking about the infernal guard…damn they’re pricey

Zanko:

The FW stuff looks quite nice but yet I’m not sure if I should buy them … :~

I think I will wait till Dave will finish the 2nd range of his BeDerken ones

and after buying them I will perhaps take my hand at the train … :wink:

:hashut

Grimstonefire:

I think people should wait and see what the other core units will be before they plan to build an army around only the infernal guard.

warh:

don’t think i’ll be buying the troops but I will get my hands on some of the monsters and warmachines.

Summerian:

I’ve got the cannon on order gonna wait till i’ve finished painting that before i think about buying more

Skink:

Jeez! I just saw the new minis and I had a nerdgasm.

I bought the Infernal Guard and Cannon, they are b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!!!

Bassman:

This is something I’ve been waiting for so many years!

“sigh, sigh” This old hard beaten heart has a little crack!

:smiley:

Red Skullz:

Its been a long time coming but with my newfound love of Fb after many years of other games it is entirely obvious for me that I will start a CD army this autumn!<br><br>Primarily its the rules I`m after but I might buy the odd FW fig just to own some of those products as well :slight_smile:

R

klemanius:

Thanks to the conversion rate between the Pound and the Aus (or at how hideously overpriced GW is here…) the Train is only a few $ more than a unit of river trolls, and the Infernal Guard are the same price as Black Orks, so I’m quite happy with the price!

I’ll be grabbing some as soon as possible.

Those concerned about the beards, compare those of the Infernals with the Train crew. The crew have tidy curls so its only the infernals that have the unkempt beards, which keeps with the units ‘fluff’.

Loki:

I am really happy that chaos dwarfs are back , but i do not like these foot troops at all , they have no character in them at all , the command is good but the unit just does not do it for me , now the train that is a different story , i really like this and think i might get one at games day this year , rule book first then models though , want to read the back ground fluff

Baggronor:

Sigh, bought the train. 50 quid is actually pretty good. The infantry however… £16 for 3 command? :expressionless:

Larendard:

Cool models, the prices are okay - forgeworld standard i suppose laughs

But…i simply hate resin! So no CDs or other FW stuff for me!