[Archive] Jaakko's back in action! [August 12th - Land Ahoy!]

tjub:

That is an epic table! :slight_smile:

Abecedar:

have to add my appreciation of the table. will you all get to play on it and thats out in the corridor right?

Jaakko:

Yeah, it is quite an epic table!

will you all get to play on it and thats out in the corridor right?

Abecedar
The table is currently in a gaming room in my local store. And yes, anyone is allowed to play on it.

I’m back after a loooong weekend. Worked on my Chaos Dwarfs today and managed to get this one done:

I still need something in the middle of the banner. I’m open to any suggestions/ideas! My buddies at the store told me to paint a bull of some sort, but I find it too common. I want someting unique! What I currently have in mind is a “religious icon”-esque version of a Chaos Dwarf (with a big hat of course!). Something like this:

I didn’t have time to paint/make anything else today since I had a game against a friend of mine who’s going to enter a tournament next month. He played a typical Dark Elf double-hydra ETC-ish list while I threw together a Beastmen list. Managed to cast Purple Sun of Xereus and misfire it, killing around 500 points of my own army. Oh well, I guess it’s time to switch back to them good ol’ Chaos Dwarf and show 'em how it’s done!

More tomorrow!

Mahtipakarat:

Stadin pelikauppa? only about 300+km from here to there :(.

I really like the idea about the ‘icon’ on a standard. Like picture of CD high priest?

I fully support your choice of red and black colour scheme :-).

tjub:

I really like the idea about the 'icon' on a standard. Like picture of CD high priest?

Mahtipakarat
About the scheme I too agree! ;)
An icon styled banner sounds cool...

Jaakko:

I really like the idea about the 'icon' on a standard. Like picture of CD high priest?

Mahtipakarat
The table was made by the boys in Stadin Pelikauppa, but is currently in my local store, Porvoon Pelikauppa.

I was also thinking about a high priest icon. Back to work!

Veksi:

Mahtipakarat
The table was made by the boys in Stadin Pelikauppa, but is currently in my local store, Porvoon Pelikauppa.

I was also thinking about a high priest icon. Back to work!

Jaakko
Terve!
Total support for the iconostas-flag! Truly unicue and gives the hellish overmood a healthy (heavenly?) sidekick.
It's nice to see other Finnish dudes working with Chaos dwarfs :hat off

Bolg:

I love the idea of the Iconic banner, go for it!

Jaakko:

While working on the normal warriors I spent some time making my first hero for the new force. A Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer, High Priest, Prohpet or whichever you prefer:

Maybe some warmachines next? :hat off

tjub:

He doesnt look very happy! :smiley:

vulcanologist:

Looks like an evil bishop! I like it!

Jaakko:

Here is the painted version:

I assembled the rest of the unit today as well. Pretty sure I’m able to paint them during this week. After that I’ll start making a warmachine or two and a unit of blunderbusses/fireglaives/annihilators. That should be enough for a 750 point get-back-into-chaos-dwarfs game! What rules do you prefer? Thommy’s? RH or the Indy GT? WF?

Need to start writing a sample army list shortly…

Galladorn:

What rules do you prefer? Thommy's? RH or the Indy GT? WF?

Jaakko
Thommy's. Played Dozens of games with them. Won most

tjub:

The sorceror looks great! I might have tried painting the skull the same as the flames… But dont get me worng I like it this way as well… :slight_smile:

vulcanologist:

Love the painted sorcerer! I actually like the skull as it is…it has a ghostly effect. Great lava base too by the way and you can never go wrong with red & black!

As for the rules question; I’m not much of a gamer so I can’t vouch for all the lists but I personally think Thommy’s is the best!

Jaakko:

The sorceror looks great! I might have tried painting the skull the same as the flames... But dont get me worng I like it this way as well... :)

tjub
I was actually going to paint the skull on the staff green at first, but somehow I didn't get it to fit. One can always re-paint it if it would look better anyway!

Jaakko:

Ahoy! The guys from Stadin Pelikauppa (a store in Helsinki) came to my local store this week to make some terrain. Well, their project is now finished and it looks like this:

A very nice sea-themed table! But such a table without any boats wouldn’t make any sense, right? So I decided to start working on my own Chaos Dwarf fleet. I guess The General’s Compendium has the best rules for naval battles. Are there any other good rules?

Here is my current project:

A testship for now. What is a Chaos Dwarf ship without a hat?

Aw man, this dwarf sure is lost!

Expect more updates tomorrow!

tjub:

If you read back in my blog where I built my ships for Naval Warhammer, I also posted a link to our rules. We use the ones from Generals Compendium + a whole bunch of house rules.

Edit: Here is the thread containing our rules… http://www.foreningenylva.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=24949

Jaakko:

If you read back in my blog where I built my ships for Naval Warhammer, I also posted a link to our rules. We use the ones from Generals Compendium + a whole bunch of house rules.

Edit: Here is the thread containing our rules... http://www.foreningenylva.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=24949

tjub
Thanks a lot!

Admiral:

Excellent progress. Your gaming group’s tables are good.

:frowning:

nitroglysarine
There, there. Your Chaos Dwarfs are looking great, but even your creative headgear have a hard time coping with horned high hats. Jaako’s headgear is truly over the top. :wink: