[Archive] Jaw dropping Tamurkhan minis

Skink:

Check them out! These are superb:

CoolMiniOrNot - CHAOS DWARF DREADQUAKE MORTAR by loris

CoolMiniOrNot - CHAOS DWARF MAGMA CANNON by loris

CoolMiniOrNot - CHAOS DWARF IRON DAEMON by loris

Baggronor:

I spent a long time trying to think up a colour scheme that wouldn`t look silly for the Iron daemon. Looks like this guy got it spot on. Those are freaking awesome, really well studied.

wallacer:

yep, that is pretty damned impressive.

Time of Madness:

These have been around for about a month. He actually sold them all on ebay.

Time of Madness

Abecedar:

Thought I’d seen them before. Truly “realistic” work, and way, way beyond my league

tjub:

Jupp, those are really sweet!

Skink:

…What I really like about them is the weathering. It might be obvious but the blackened cannons and smoke stacks are a masterpiece!

I tried myself to achieve something similar but not to avail…

theforgefather:

why does he say at the bottom that they are on ebay? I could never sell a masterpiece like that on ebay (but that’s because I have never made one!:()

Grimstonefire:

Whilst these are very nice, I wouldn’t say they are awesome. The guy used very similar colours for unweathered metal as for the weathered parts, so it all just looks dirty to me.

The magma cannon with the whole verdigris boiler section looks out of place.

Overall it’s a good effort though and the first example of rusty CD warmachines that I’ve seen that’s been really effective.

Skink:

Good point of view Grim!

Myself I can’t decide if I like verdigris and rust on a Dwarven made warmachine, but in this case the colors are blending so smoothly that they stroke me!

The boiler doesn’t look out of place to me, but the lava is the best i’ve ever seen (IMO of course:))

Bassman:

No, my sorcerer prophet would crush any daemonsmith that left his warmachines wheater like those! This shall be a lazy git!

Said this, great weathering, a little over done but well executed.

Lava is really one of the best ever seen and the darkened barrels is a nice idea. After all is not difficult to keep a cannon tidy but to get rid of that smoke is not easy. :slight_smile:

LumpinCroop:

Looks great but I agree with a few of you that the weathered effect is perhaps a bit overdone.

ChungEssence:

Cheers for the link.

Great models.

The Dreadquake Mortar looks grand!

evil smurf:

Word on the street is that a guy at my local game shop bought those models (Chicago Area). I’ve not seen them in person so I can’t confirm that. With the upcoming Tamurkhan campaign the store is running, i’ll find out one way or another as he’s entered the campaign.

Johnny-Crass:

Meh, they look far to 40k and gritty to me. There is no character in any of the pieces and wheathering effects just got spammed

Taurian:

I really like the weathered look, but I just can’t see dwarves letting their equipment go like that.

evil smurf:

That’s my opinion as well but I still would like to see them in person.

Kera foehunter:

That’s why i don’t go to cool minni or not

you find way to cool stuff there