[Archive] Just saw this over on Dakka

Ugly Green Trog:

As said in the title this could be exciting if its true. Was re-posted by Kroothawk who tends to be quite reliable although I know nothing of the OP

Some tidbits by ghost21:

From what I’ve been told FW got the green light on expanding Chaos Dwarfs.

Assuming this isn’t refering to the original expansion from additions to WoC list to a full list of our own (LoA) then this could mean more stuff in the future yay! The post is brand new so we can hope.

Grimstonefire:

From what I know of Ghost he’s well informed, but not always up to date.

WF did get the greenlight for CD… But then things appear to have changed.

Time of Madness:

From what I have heard there will only be a couple more Chaos dwarf releases when the monster arcana book is released

- Bull Centaurs

- Fireborn

- Destroyer

Time of Madness

Ugly Green Trog:

So it may well be refering to the legion of azgorh stuff and nothing new? aww well

Murdock129:

I’m trying to ask him about this on warseer but no response so far

wallacer:

I suspect ghost21 probably has a quite a full inbox at the moment.

Murdock129:

Got a reply from Ghost21

yes they will get a full list from fw not just a clan

also ive heard that mainstream gw do want to do a plastic box… so wf or fw may do those last if gw dont

hopes that helps
If this is true then this is some of the best news in a long time

wallacer:

If he’s right that is sensational news. It means CDs are back in a big way.

GRNDL:

If he's right that is sensational news.  It means CDs are back in a big way.

wallacer
I'm not so sure they ever went away... Did you?

(and if so, what have you been doing here all these years? ;) )

wallacer:

Enjoying an army in a small way that’s been making do with a very old list.
If we get a new list (even an FW one) and a plastic box set from GW themselves that’s a big deal.

Assuming the rumour is true i’d be really interested to know whether the box set from GW is being made in response to the sales figures from WF for their CD stuff. Just rumours obviously, but still… interesting to speculate.

Bassman:

Chaos Dwarfs back in 8th edition by fW? Check!

War machines and monsters in typical FW style? Check!

Infantry units complete and in a large number as FW never did before? Check!

A REAL new army list from FW? :smiley:

New miniatures by GW?!?! :o

Am I dreaming? No, it could not be possible :wink:

Bolg:

it gets the blood flowing, rumor or not (:

furrie:

Got a reply from Ghost21
yes they will get a full list from fw not just a clan

also ive heard that mainstream gw do want to do a plastic box.. so wf or fw may do those last if gw dont

hopes that helps
If this is true then this is some of the best news in a long time

Murdock129
There is a rumour about a Contingents supply, mabey the CD's will come in that book with minis

Grimstonefire:

From what I gather they will be publishing the rules in WD, piece by piece, then eventually publishing them all together in one book.

I guess at the point the first one comes in WD we could send them load of letters saying they should publish a tiny section in WD saying Chaos Dwarf warriors can be taken (including a specific proviso for the Legion of Azgorh list). One small little section is all we need.

snowblizz:

So back to a White Dwarf presents Chaos Dwarfs?

Maybe there’s is something to this circular history thing.

Bolg:

There is a rumour about a Contingents supply, mabey the CD's will come in that book with minis

furrie
What is "Contingents supply"? sorry my English and or nerdness is insufficient right now...

Thommy H:

I think that’s the rumoured fantasy contingents supplement.

lostmember:

From what I gather they will be publishing the rules in WD, piece by piece, then eventually publishing them all together in one book.

Grimstonefire
This.

wallacer:

I guess at the point the first one comes in WD we could send them load of letters saying they should publish a tiny section in WD saying Chaos Dwarf warriors can be taken (including a specific proviso for the Legion of Azgorh list).  One small little section is all we need.

Grimstonefire
Hopefully GW would be willing to put a list in White Dwarf and maybe release some figures to support it.
Surely by now they must realise that there are people out there buying Warhammer Forge CD figures.

lostmember:

Hopefully GW would be willing to put a list in White Dwarf and maybe release some figures to support it.
Surely by now they must realise that there are people out there buying Warhammer Forge CD figures.

wallacer
Yes, but no doubt they'll also see how sales of the book go. They won't give away a CD list if they think they can sell a book in good numbers. If they think they can only sell figures, it's worth giving the list away in WD to increase sales.