[Archive] Karak Dum

Grimstonefire:

For those who know nothing about this place, its a Dwarf Stronghold that was built just before a large invasion of Chaos.��It has since been swallowed by the shadow of chaos, so is now lost.

In Daemonslayer, Gotrek, Felix and co travelled there and rescued the last of the Dwarf survivors.��At the time there was a major battle going on between chaos armies.��Thousands of troops on all sides.��The hold itself being overrun by maruaders and daemons.

Anyhow, I was looking through an old White Dwarf today and noticed how close to the Dark Lands it is…

Looking at the map I think its feasible that the CD could at least send adventurers once in a while?��Its probably the same distance from Uzkulak to Zharr Naggrund as Uzkulak to Karak Dum.

As fluff changes all the time its not impossible that we could take Karak Dum, or at least cohabit with a Chaos tribe (the Kul for instance, link to Crom the Conquerer).��Sure it would need some repair work, and one **** load of magical protection, but such things would be easy for the Chaos Dwarfs.��The other issue being that the local tribes would have to accept our presence (and help to protect us), as it would be too far away to send regular reinforcements.��The Kul are the biggest tribe in the region, so they could help take and defend it.

Possible ideas?��Or just plain stupid?

Kera foehunter:

i think it a great idea.i think it would be good to use it as a small campain for this site.sorta a role playing game maybe??

Grimstonefire:

That is a good idea actually Kera, I could suggest it to the other member of the Chaos Star as a mini campaign idea between our forums?

ashur:

if you are thinking in some kind of fluff about Cd in Karak dum, it seems very possible. It even sound better that marauders overwelming dwarfs. if the strongholh is so close to Cd bases it would be pretty logic that they have played a role in is destruccion.

Couldnt even be possible that Karak Dum provide is share of CD? If the plain of zharr was corrupted by chaos, it seems possible that karak dum had to suffer the same problem.

Grimstonefire:

The history of Karak Dum is so sparce that I guess some could have been warped.��Its not like the few survivors (I forget how many, but around 60 out of a whole hold) would want to talk about it if it happened.

I would need to find a date for when it was lost to see if the CD could have taken part.��I’m fairly certain they could have done.

ashur:

It was lost during one of the chaos wars, the one with asavar kul and magnus the pious. At least acording to Deamonslayer. But nothing is said about the history of the stronghold, so I guess dwarfs could have been under siege for generations before being overran

Kera foehunter:

but isn,t that the realm of the Norsca dwarf too (A group of viking style dwarfs) that lived in the northern range of dwarfs

cornixt:

Which is the Dwarf hold that goes in and out of existance?

Grimstonefire:

@Kera

I think you’re thinking of the following:

http://www.blackindustries.com/images/maps/norsca.jpg

I think those are the last Norse Dwarf holds the Dwarfs defend. Note the proximity of Sjoktraken to Uzkulak and our northern navy.

@Cornixt

Karak Vlag. Currently being occupied by the grandaddy of all Chaos Dragons… Still, never say never :wink:

Revlid:

Karak Dum’s crudely repaired forges and vast supplies of tools and metal make it the principle manufacturer of weapons and armour for Chaos Warbands of the Wastes. I can fully imagine Chaos Dwarf smiths joining the Chaos worshippers manning them and eventually making up the greater part of the hold’s force - we certainly don’t miss any chance to milk the other evil races for cash!

Grimstonefire:

Had a look at the Warhammer world map.��Seems Karak Dum is a little further north than the map in WD.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/warhammer/wallpapers/images/6-1024x768.jpg

Its really small in that link and I can’t find my poster. :frowning:

Its still roughly the same distance Karak Dum-Uzkulak-Zharr Naggrund.

Anyway, from what I can tell the hold is sufficiently far into the wastes that nobody really knows its exact position.��Even on the GW world map it would still be close enough for us to send troops and weaponsmiths.

ashur:

Karak Dum's crudely repaired forges and vast supplies of tools and metal make it the principle manufacturer of weapons and armour for Chaos Warbands of the Wastes. I can fully imagine Chaos Dwarf smiths joining the Chaos worshippers manning them and eventually making up the greater part of the hold's force - we certainly don't miss any chance to milk the other evil races for cash!

Revlid
Grim:
That fit nicely in CD background. Could be part of one of the many aliances you have already put in your fluff.

Kera foehunter:

OPPS!!! well you know girls cant read a folding map.

Thats why we ask for dirrections

thanks grims