[Archive] K'DAAI Destroyer help me choose

colrud:

ok, so being new here im trying to get my army just right in my head before purchasing,im going forgeworld, not big hat and heresy goblins instead of gw ones, so that leaves me what model for the k’daai, after much trawling through here and other sites ive come up with these two, is there one you would choose over the other to match in with my miniature choices and if so why(dont let cost be a factor id rather get something awesome on the table.

[attachment=4553]

Sticklander:

Owning the Titan Forge model myself, I can attest to it being a great sculpt, and would make a fantastic Destroyer!

Honeym123:

Krull every day of the week. That’s an amazing miniature! If it was me I would be going for the fire incarnate from forge world, but between theese two - Krull… Krull krull krull. He just looks great and is a more deamon sort of miniature in my opponion.

Bloodbeard:

The titan forge model is really great, but IMO needs a bit of green stuff work to cover up the mechanical joints - and make it look like skin. Easiest green stuff work to do. And it fits nicely to the FW miniatures.

The Krull is a nice model too. But a Legion of Azgorh destroyer should not have wings, so leave those off. Secondly it’s to Diablo or Bloodthirster for my CD taste. He doesn’t look like a trapped or enslaved fire demon at all. Just a regular greater demon. So to make him work with the “all metal”, “pragmatic” and “hard” look of the FW dwarfs, it would need a lot of work.

TheHoodedMan:

There are nearly as many opinions as hobbyists :hat.
I hesitated between the chaos space marine maulerfiend and the titan forge golem.
Some people use not only krull but also the mierce bloodmaw or other demons. Personally I don`t like too much skin because I imagine the destroyer as fire and magic bound into a metal skeleton.
I saw also good conversions of a forge world 40k model (decimator?) with a lot of flames and the hands were claws from the maulerfiend.
The ogre yak is also great because of its bullhorns ;).

I went for the golem and did not regret it til now.

edit: there is a whole thread for the options. But I think there is not yet an infernal golem.
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=14801
and one of the previous golden hats had it as theme.

colrud:

just a couple of questions, why no wings, and how tall is the titan forge model, would it be possible to put chains coming from krull being held by a dwarf or ogre to make him look bound?

TheHoodedMan:

:o The picture of a dwarf on a chain tossed around by krull came to my mind.

You can see a dwarf in front of the golem in this you tube file:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KcTefB6I8s

Doombeard:

just a couple of questions, why no wings, and how tall is the titan forge model, would it be possible to put chains coming from krull being held by a dwarf or ogre to make him look bound?

colrud
I think what he is alluding to is the K'daai Destroyer in Monstrous Arcanum has an upgrade option to add wings, but the Legion of A. version doesn't come with that option.

If you got the Titan Forge Golem he is half the price of Krull. Just sculpt some flames using Gs, coming out of some of the joints and places, to look like demonic energy escaping or something, easy =)

Admiral:

Tough choice. Flip a coin. :wink:

No, whatever you choose, you’re sure to get a neat Destroyer. You don’t have to remove any wings, by the way. If you like a Diablo running around, then go for it. Chaos Dwarf daemonsmithing is broad enough to encompass other things than fire daemons. WYSIWYG loses against personal taste any day of the week, at least in Fantasy. iamahobgoblin have some good advice for flames, by the way.