[Archive] K'Daai Destroyer in low points Army

Parish:

Hello guys,

I had quite a noob question.

Would you ever run a K’Daai Destroyer in a 1k5 points army and why?

What are its main strength or weakness in such format?

Do we have alternatives to him ?

Last question, which is quite different.

What is the difference between running a 4 or 5 man wide front Infernal Guard unit? How does it matter for you and what is your thinking process behind it?

Thank you a lot for your advise.

Regards

Bloodbeard:

Hello guys,

I had quite a noob question.

Would you ever run a K'Daai Destroyer in a 1k5 points army and why?

What are its main strength or weakness in such format?

Do we have alternatives to him ?

Last question, which is quite different.
What is the difference between running a 4 or 5 man wide front Infernal Guard unit? How does it matter for you and what is your thinking process behind it?

Thank you a lot for your advise.

Regards

Parish
If you want to loose a lot of friends - bring the Destroyer every time. It's crazy good also a low point levels. I haven't used a destroyer in a long time. New model is soon finished, but I'll only use him in every other game against the same opponent.

Why run him? Great model, wins games.

Weakness is the same as always. Can be stopped by non-infantry with dragonhelm og dragonbane gem. End up in a tar pit against in unbreakable or resummenable dudes.

Lore of Shadows take out it's toughness. Poison attacks takes it out. Lightning cannons are a bitch.

5 wide ranks is needed to get rank bonus in close combat results and get steadfast stubborn. So 4 would be really bad. 6 or 7 can be run if your opponent is only five wide - get you some more attacks in.

MadHatter:

I never bring the Destroyer anymore but it’s definately not because it won any games. On the contrary, it’s to easily countered. In my meta people bring fire-protection on their armoured heroes and lords to counter Searing Doom, if they see a destroyer on the table they are heat-seeking towards it…

Griffin banner made mine burn out to unstable, I’ve also lost it to an orc horde once for that same reason.

Dual Hellcannons, now that’s where it’s at, for me atleast :wink:

sam585:

I would leave the kdaii for a hellcannon. Kdaiis are to easily countered and a good opponent will just chaff them to hell. Hellcannons might flip out every now and then but they have great synergy with the rest of our armies shooting. Additionally they are 115 points cheaper than a destroyer giving your list more flexability.

Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed:

As others have said he is easily countered with the right opponent. He is a lot of points but totally worth it if you opponent is unprepared. Unfortunantly if your opponent is unprepared they will probably hate playing against you because it seems so OP… It is a catch 22 really. I just had a 30K battle (9k were CD and the rest were Legion of Chaos), i only had 1 Destroyer because of how nasty they are :wink: A lot of armies can easily counter them in particularly undead with Terrorghiests/Scream lists and Ethereal units. Poison spam and Fire protection also messes them up. Besides being totally awesome and not having any real weaknesses (except the flame attacks) the 4++ really gets under peoples skin… I just use 1 and only in games of 3k or more.

Malorndk:

I rarely use my Destroyer. It’s pretty bad due to flaming, nonmagical attacks. Too many counters.

Dual Hellcanons though? That’s how you win!

Parish:

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys !

I will probably pass on it then ! Or wait for the future Bloodthirster if the model is really awesome !

Geist:

You speak of it being too much and then you say dual hell cannon? Irony much?