[Archive] K'daai Destroyer made from bits box

Will Liam:

MY bits box K’daai Destroyer - I have posted this on the CD facebook page - just wanting to know if this is OK to be used as a K’daai Destroyer and after any paint ideas you guys may have - Cheers

Skink:

Of course it is! In terms of paint I´d go full daemonic on him… As in paint an area pink, the other purple, a leg green, the mouth teal, a tentacle orange, and… You get the idea :slight_smile:

PS: also add patterns. Like, a leg with tiger stripes, another with stars and constellations, another with cheeta dots, and so on… so forth.

Admiral:

Holy cow! Immense and deliciously detailed creation. I second Skink’s advice. Go wild with it!

Carcearion:

I’d go for the molten lava and steel claws and teeth route

Will Liam:

Sound good Skink and Admiral but I think that’s going to be a lot of work - I might be safer going Carcearions way and turn the skin blisters into lava bubbles and the claws made to look like rusty iron and bone sounds cool to me - I Kinda like the grey look it has now too if it had a few washes - also maybe bone colour on the teeth as well and blackened toenails with scorch the grass at its base. That sickly light Slater spider pink may work also?

Admiral:

Good plan. I’m curious to see how it works out. There are many ways to pull off a good paintjob and limited palette is one such.

Enjoysrandom:

didn’t know you were a fan of Gigers work Will!

Also I like your color scheme idea and prefer it, I feel Skink’s ideas would have matched your army better?

Roark:

That’s an awesome creation!

Jackswift:

... but I think that's going to be a lot of work - I might be safer going Carcearions way and turn the skin blisters into lava bubbles and the claws made to look like rusty iron and bone sounds cool to me...

Will Liam
Wow! That thing looks amazing and completely monstrous. I find the end result of a lot of work is well worth it in the end! ;) I like both ideas but go with what fits your army best. And I second skinks comments re a pattern. Will add so much!

Will Liam:

I cant take a good pic of this aaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!! trying to go with a lava rock look but still not happy with it any ideas? starting to think the grey base coat looks better in the other photos above lol - will try and get a better shot of it this weekend as I think the skin on him looks cool enough but the camera makes the yellow so bright when taking the photo against the black body. (had to tone it down with photo shop)

Skink:

trying to go with a lava rock look but still not happy with it...

Will Liam
Actually, the very first thought I had when I saw it was "that´s a kick-ass lava base if ever I´ve seen one". You know, the very dark grey highlighted with desaturated oranges really conveys a convincing volcanic feel :)

The Destroyer looks so cool I cannot even express myself. That is got to be one of the most beautiful K´daais posted here in a very long time :o

tjub:

Agree with Skink, the model is really unique and cool! :slight_smile:

Admiral:

A paintjob to be proud of, even if the camera plays rodeo. A marriage of great paintjob and great conversion. One of the best K’daai ever created. Change nothing about it. :hat off

cornixt:

The model itself is awesome. Probably the most terrifying K’daai I’ve seen.

As a playing piece, I wonder if the extra height above troops would actually make it a little less fearsome since it is above eye-level for most models so they won’t really be face-to-face with it. Maybe take out a layer of rock from the base.

Will Liam:

Thanks for the feedback all - got some more pics done on my showcase page - I think your lower base idea is good cornixt but will keep it as is because I’ve hit that “I’m over it” stage - after taking so so many bad photos of it - Haha maybe time for a new camera :slight_smile:

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Very impressive indeed! That’s a model that will scare your opponent and that’s saying something!!

Helblindi:

Whoa, impressive and disgusting in a cool way! Only thing I’m missing is the look of it being ablaze, but very goodlooking. Congratz!