[Archive] K'daii Destroyer is

delivern:

The best monster in the game. I have played 3 games with it so far and it’s nasty. It wiped out about 1500 pts of elves in 2 turns. And only suffered 2 wounds. Not just any elves, but he nasty ones with the great weapons and amulet that makes them magical, another unit with the 4+ ward save and a elf combat general.

Just beware any spells that lower it’s toughness. The T test is brutal if not on a 6.

Da Crusha:

yup, its awesome. I know a guy that is a really competitive warhammer gamer, that always told me to play a real army. recently since the list came out he said he faced a destroyer and now wants to start cds.

Samanos:

I know a guy that is a really competitive warhammer gamer, that always told me to play a real army. recently since the list came out he said he faced a destroyer and now wants to start cds.

Da Crusha
This is not called competitive. this is called no-brainer and foolish.
CD do not need the destroyer to win.

Da Crusha:

CD do not need the destroyer to win.

Samanos
yup, it just makes it easier.

richard barby:

the destroyer is brilliant mine keeps killing its self leaving a wound left till it gets shot of by poison

KramDratta:

It’s not the over-powered model it is made to be (or I seem to roll badly with it, except for the Toughness test, which I seem to roll more 6s :slight_smile: )

richard barby:

its so expencive its about right power for points

Danzepan:

I’ve found it to be very hit and miss in the games I’ve played. Beware of getting engaged with a character with a 2+ ward save vs flaming attacks! Oh and against a unit of horrors. The unit champion, the changling, nicking your stats! Unstable! That wasn’t fun! :mad

Emperor Fooble:

Hey all, first post on the forums!

As to the K’Daii…at the moment I’m pretty much not going to take it. Not just because there is so much cool stuff in the book, but I think it is overpowered to buggery. 6+D3 S7 attacks and thunderstomp, S4 and under cant even hurt it (omg stupid, 4+ ward, there is almost no easy answer to it (not even dual cannons quickly) apart from withering and then mass attacks.

The Odor:

Fooble: I think the LoA is built up so that parts you have to take are overpriced (Infernal Guard, Hobgoblins in some cases the Sorcerer Prophet) while some things you can take are under priced (MC and Destroyer in some cases the Sorcerer Prophet) so it ends up being kinda balanced. Sure some lists suffer (all msu list for an example) while I have met a few that was a sever uphill struggle for the list (Anyone who brings the 2+ ward items, some WoC lists and probably a bunch of others I have never played.)

Bolg:

Well there is an upcoming tournament (a big one) in the Netherlands that allows the new list so I should be looking at making a list, and as my hellcannon is coming along nicely I should look into making a Destroyer… or not as it will take up precious time not working on other stufff…

Oh and welcome to the forum Emperor Fooble (: