[Archive] K'daii Fireborn were burning very brightly!

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Two questions…

1. Does a unit hiding behind a ‘Blazing Barricade’ suffer damage even if no enemy is in contact? I said yes since it was my unit (seemed like the gentlemanly thing to do).

2. If K’daii Fireborn are behind a ‘Blazing Barricade’ and are charged by an enemy, does the enemy take two sets of fire damage? One from the K’daii and another from the barricade? Again I said yes because that’s how I interpreted the rule.

The Brettonian Peasants had a very, very bad day.

Kyte:

I don’t know what a blazing barricade is and hence cannot answer the first question.

The answer to the second question depends on whether the enemy is in base contact with the K’daai or not. For the blazing body rule to inflict auto-hits, you have to be in base contact with one or more K’daai Fireborn or K’daai Destroyers. If fighting in a building, over a barricade or a defended obstacle, I would say no based upon the house-rulings of my local club. But since no rules or FAQ cover the exact situation, I guess it’s up for debate.

If I were you, I’d email Forge World. They’re usually pretty good at responding to such questions.

gashnag:

Two questions....
1.  Does a unit hiding behind a 'Blazing Barricade' suffer damage even if no enemy is in contact?  I said yes since it was my unit (seemed like the gentlemanly thing to do).

2.  If K'daii Fireborn are behind a 'Blazing Barricade' and are charged by an enemy, does the enemy take two sets of fire damage?  One from the K'daii and another from the barricade?  Again I said yes because that's how I interpreted the rule.

Grimbold Blackhammer
First question:
No because if it is your unit it must stay 1" away so not in base contact for blazing body. If opponents unit see above answer unless the unit has been charged or has charged.
Second Question:
I would say yes they would be hit with both. The damage is coming from two different special abilities one from the blazing barricades and the other burning bright so they stack.

Vogon:

Two questions....
1.  Does a unit hiding behind a 'Blazing Barricade' suffer damage even if no enemy is in contact?  I said yes since it was my unit (seemed like the gentlemanly thing to do).

Grimbold Blackhammer
No the wording of the Blazing Barricade states that a unit charging a defended Blazing Barricade takes damage. So if you're hiding behind one i.e. defending it you don't take damage.
2.  If K'daii Fireborn are behind a 'Blazing Barricade' and are charged by an enemy, does the enemy take two sets of fire damage?  One from the K'daii and another from the barricade?  Again I said yes because that's how I interpreted the rule.

I vote yes here too for exactly the same reasons as Gashnag.

Cheers

Vogon

Thommy H:

Why wouldn’t they take damage from both sources? It’s no different from being shot with bows twice.

rpitts2004:

Why wouldn't they take damage from both sources? It's no different from being shot with bows twice.

Thommy H
This is the correct scenario

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Excellent! Thanks everybody!!

Geist:

Being hit twice makes perfect sense. You are attacking over a wall which hurts you, you are attacking a unit which does damage to you. Very clear.