[Archive] Kdaii Stomp Question

thewizardofoz:

Something came up this weekend at the tournament that I wasn’t sure about.

My Kdaii Thunder-Stomped on his character with the Dragonbane Gem - I wounded him 5 times and he took the character off. I reminded him that he had the Dragonbane Gem for the 2+ Ward against flaming and he said that special rules like flaming and magical attacks don’t apply to stomps etc.

Is this right?

deadlydeceiver:

Yes, this is right as stomp/thundrstomp are basically not considered “attacks”. (Yeah, sounds/is strange)

It was also adressed in the rulebook-FAQ. (pg. 9 in the German version)

Best DD

thewizardofoz:

No way, so that means that elves can go screw themselves with the Banner of the World Dragon when my Hellcannon Thunderstomps them?

deadlydeceiver:

Absolutely, won’t save them from the HC just rolling over :wink:

EDIT: I’m wrong on this matter! See below o_O

thewizardofoz:

Hahaha, Bring on the elves!

Twisted Dwarf:

Unfortunately the thunderstomp of the hell canon is magical as it has a special rule in the warriors of chaos book that says that it’s thunderstomp is magical.

BABIS:

Unfortunately the thunderstomp of the hell canon is magical as it has a special rule in the warriors of chaos book that says that it's thunderstomp is magical.

Twisted Dwarf
I don't think so, it says that only the hellcannon has magical attacks (and not the dwarfs)

Twisted Dwarf:

It states that the thunder stomp IS magical.

It’s the same as it is in the daemon book where it clearly states that the stomp and thunder stomps are magical.

If you want I can take a picture of the txt…

deadlydeceiver:

Twisted Dwarf is right! The “Deamonic Attacks” special rule in the WoC book (pg. 24) especially mentions stomps and thus overrides the BRB.

Sorry for the misleading answer earlier, didn’t expect that as “regular” magical attacks wouldn’t cause the stomp to be magical.

DD

Bloodbeard:

This is nice to know. All those cheap fire protected k’daii stopping heroes - is gonna be potato mashed.

From now on my k’daii is named Fido. And I’m gonna comnand “Fidoroll!” before a thunderstomp.

Nice fairplaying from your opponent by the way. And you.

NoisyAssassin:

This is why the Dragonbane Gem characters are usually mounted. Take away that Thunderstomp and things aren’t looking so hot.

timurbannipal:

This is nice to know. All those cheap fire protected k'daii stopping heroes  - is gonna be potato mashed.

From now on my k'daii is named Fido. And I'm gonna comnand "Fidoroll!" before a thunderstomp.

Nice fairplaying from your opponent by the way.  And you.

Bloodbeard
I always sing 'Thunder, thunder, thunderstomp hoooooooooooooooo!' in the manner of Thundercats...Well it amuses me...

thewizardofoz:

This is nice to know. All those cheap fire protected k'daii stopping heroes  - is gonna be potato mashed.

From now on my k'daii is named Fido. And I'm gonna comnand "Fidoroll!" before a thunderstomp.

Nice fairplaying from your opponent by the way.  And you.

Bloodbeard
I always sing 'Thunder, thunder, thunderstomp hoooooooooooooooo!' in the manner of Thundercats...Well it amuses me...

timurbannipal
To be fair that would amuse me too.

I have an Ogre army too and when my mate and I play we sing 'Oh Oh here they come, watch out elves they'll chew you up, oh oh here they come - Maneaters!'

Gets quite a few laughs since we harmonise

NoisyAssassin:

timurbannipal
Hehe, that amuses me too! Might have to see if adopting it will improve my constant habit of rolling only 1-2 thunderstomp hits.

My current silly battlecry is "Chugga chugga chugga chugga chugga chugga...PAIN TRAIN!" whenever my Iron Daemon charges something.

timurbannipal:

chugga...PAIN TRAIN!" whenever my Iron Daemon charges something.

NoisyAssassin
Hahahahaha, love it! That's definitely at keeper!