[Archive] Kered's Dwarfs of Shadow and Steel blog

nitroglysarine:

Cool, they look a bit chunkier now. good work!!

Looking at your distinct helmet i’m guessing your GH entry will be obvious :hat off

Nicodemus:

And and spare green stuff I decided to make this.

Kered
Excellent!!  

Now you just need to convert the other Heroes into slaves for him!! ;)

~N

Kered:

Just a little more progress on them and I’v started a fifth.

I thought it would be nice to show a time line of the creation of one of my Chaos dwarfs.

@Nicodemus:

I’ll see if I can find the others lying about somewhere,

nitroglysarine:

Evolution, in motion!

Kered:

Here is my GH entry and general.

As you can probably see the model is based on scribor’s general miniature.

I didn’t actual expect to use thing model but I was given it as a Christmas from my awesome brother. Over all the model is well cast with a few bubbles here and there but the wost part of it is the wings the edges are undefined and look very unnatural and so did the connection of the wings to the body. I sculpted extra feathers one the edges of the wings and sculpted a lot of feathers to make the conection of the wings to the body seem more natural.(or at least as natural as wings sprouting out of a giant bull back can look)

I sculpted alot of extra chain mail keeping in style with that already existing. The piece that was used for the shield I belive was originaly the back of a throne and I’v been wanting to use it for a wile.

I’m really pleased how the painting came out on him. Originally I  planned the paint the bulls skin and light blue but I nearly always go to that as my default colour so I decided to try something different using mixes if scab red and warlock purple. I also used a different technique

for the metal using a copper colour base coat washed with a watered down turquoise. For the wings I look for pattens common in birds wing to base my painting on. I also made it so that the colours of the wings matched those of the rocks and bones on the base to make the mid section of the model stand out

I’d like to hear what you think, now that GH XIV has finished.

tjub:

Good work there, the conversion really makes fit your army!

The bull looks a bit too heavy to be able to fly, but who am I to say who did a metal dragon… :stuck_out_tongue:

that guy:

This has got to be my favorite piece you’ve done thus far.The patina on the armor and such pulls it all together for me, I used to work in a bronze foundery and I can say that you have hit the proverbial nail on the head. Nice work.

Admiral:

Simply gorgeous. Your bronze is spot-on, and reminds me of a certain Warseer Ogre Maneater log. A ghastly and characterful colour scheme chosen for the army, as well. Your sculpting and your casting are producing some stunning results, although the dwarfs could have been a bit thicker. I’m liking the static block of Dwarf Warriors, they look rock solid and silent as death itself. Am looking forward to the next update!

(To the staff: This might be part of a threadomancy streak, but I’d like to compliment and indirectly thank every awe-inspiring and creative Chaos Dwarf general on this forum, for their ground-breaking work. This website is a treasurehold in many aspects, and you people deserve to know that your conversions, painting etcetera are much appreciated.)