[Archive] Kilov's Unanswered

Kilov:

Hello all,

Every now and then i come up with a question about the CD and I always say im going to post it here but after that i forget what it was :<

So this log will be updated with a question every now and a while I guess :slight_smile:

(I havenā€™t searched of the entire forum for this question so if it is already given somewhere i am sorry to repost it :slight_smile: )

So here is questiong number 1:

- Does beard lenght say the same deal about a dwarf in the chaos dwarf community as it does for normal dwarves? As in status, age, wealth perhaps? Or do you think the Chaos Dwarves would have let go those ancient beliefs? :hat off

Thommy H:

Chaos Dwarfs respect age as much as their western kin (hence Astragothā€™s status) and they certainly care about their beards just as much, so Iā€™d assume that length of beard would be as much as indicator of standing amongst Chaos Dwarfs as it is with normal Dwarfs, yes.

Kera foehunter:

i think they do the have the same beard hanging stuff

well some of the new one do

Kilov:

Thanks for the fast replyā€™s, indeed it would seem like this though I went wondering after seeing some artwork were the bear lenght is diffrent from dwarf to dwarf, regardless of status

Kera foehunter:

well the female donā€™t have beards !! So we are judge by are looks and how we handle are weapons

like dwarfs we female are better fighter !!

speedygogo:

From reading the fluff, Iā€™m of the opinion that the choas dwarfs have evolved past beard length and value sorcerous skill or any other attribute which shows Hashutā€™s favor rather than beard length. there is so limited elder worship but chaos dwarf society is based more on out of control materialism. There fluff is still some what open ended. Creating a themed chaos dwarf army can be a fun way to answer some of your own questions about chaos dwarf culture.

Thommy H:

No, age is still the main thing - thatā€™s why Astragoth is the High Priest, even though Ghorth is more powerful.

Kilov:

Hello all,

Next question, maybe more about the models though:

How, but seriously, HOW do you get your chaos dwarfs (the one from the normal dwarves box) to fit in a regiment? All my dwarves seem to be to ā€˜broadā€™ to fit in a regiment.

So if some people can tell me how they do it, please :slight_smile:

- Kilov

And: If, in Mordheim, a model armed with a sling and has Nimble (i think it was nible, the one that takes away the penalty for moving), then can you shoot twice?

Border Reiver:

I see two easy solutions to your problem:

1. place the dwarfs on the base diagonally like you need to do with the plastic orcs (especially the 1 piecers that cam with the 6th ed box set); and

2. Regiment bases. These are wide enough for 4 models to stand on, and can easily be used as a ā€œcounts asā€ 4 models if you have problems with getting the full 4 on them.

Hope this helps.

two_heads_talking:

well the female don't have beards !! So we are judge by are looks and how we handle are weapons
like dwarfs we female are better fighter !!

Kera foehunter
someones been tapping the rum keg a bit too hard.. WTF....

Kera foehunter:

i put them on a 45degree angle like the sloted stands then they fit better

or put them on a lava rock at different height !

tht it is a fact that cd women are the better fighters

ps and the better drinkers to thanks for your vote

clam:

Bassman did this:

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/10966

for old 5th ed plastics - but Iā€™m sure the method could be use for other models.

Xander:

No, age is still the main thing - that's why Astragoth is the High Priest, even though Ghorth is more powerful.

Thommy H
This.

So ya, beards might still be a function of showing age.

Kera foehunter:

Yea you can comb your beard over when you getting bald