[Archive] Kings of War 3rd Edition Coming in October 2019

tjub:

Link to the Mantic Blog. :hat off

KINGS OF WAR THIRD EDITION DUE FOR RELEASE THIS OCTOBER

Mantic Games releasing a new 380-page rulebook for the world�?Ts best mass battle fantasy wargame straight to retail in 2019.

Mantic Games is pleased to announce that this October it will be releasing a brand-new edition for its best-selling mass battle fantasy wargame, Kings of War. Inside the 380-page tome, you�?Tll find expanded lore for the world of Pannithor, army lists for 14 factions and, of course, revamped and refreshed rules.

The new edition will be available directly via Mantic Games webstore and through all regular gaming and hobby stores around the world. This is the first time Kings of War has not been released via Kickstarter, highlighting the growth and popularity of the game.

Alongside the book will be the brand-new Northern Alliance army, titanic monsters for some existing factions and a commemorative diorama. Plus, Mantic Games has a comprehensive selection of Kings of War releases planned throughout the rest of 2019, into 2020 and beyond, including a supplement with additional army lists �?" taking the total number to 26.

�?o2019 marks 10 years since we started Mantic Games and first released the Kings of War elves,�?� said Mantic Games CEO, Ronnie Renton. �?oAs such, it seemed fitting to celebrate this important milestone with a new edition of the world�?Ts best fantasy wargame.

�?oKings of War is the jewel in our crown and we�?Tve been working tirelessly to make sure this new edition exceeds expectations. For fans it will make their favourite fantasy game even better, with improved rules for army creation, tighter, more competitive gameplay and lots more!�?�

Over the coming weeks and month Mantic Games will be releasing more information about Kings of War Third Edition so make sure you subscribe to the Mantic Games newsletter or keep checking the blog www.manticgames.com

tjub:

While listening to “Kings of War Worldwide” podcast about Kings of War 3rd ed, the Mantic representative mentioned them redoing their Abyssal Dwarf range for KoW during 2020. Hopefully this will lead to some new interesting models for us! :slight_smile:

‎Kings of War WorldWide, the Podcast: Bonus Content #7 Kings of War Third Edition with Kyle Przelenski, Kings of War WorldWide (KOW3), the Podcast on Apple Podcasts

Admiral:

Fingers crossed! :cheers

Jasko:

While listening to "Kings of War Worldwide" podcast about Kings of War 3rd ed, the Mantic representative mentioned them redoing their Abyssal Dwarf range for KoW during 2020. Hopefully this will lead to some new interesting models for us! :)

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/bonus-content-7-kings-war-third-edition-kyle-przelenski/id1465675030?i=1000446674987

tjub
I'd be all for it! I'm not particularly fond of their current models tbh

Oxymandias:

Ooh new Abyssals could be amazing.

I love parts of their current evil dwarf range but a lot of it isn�?Tt to my taste.

Mantic is still a young company but year after year their models have continued their to improve.

Fingers crossed!

Gargolock:

I too would agree that some of their current range leaves something to be desired.

I hope for new Chaos Dwarfs as their newer models like the Vanguard ones and the new giant look far better then the previous KoW ones.

Oxymandias:

I too would agree that some of their current range leaves something to be desired.
I hope for new Chaos Dwarfs as their newer models like the Vanguard ones and the new giant look far better then the previous KoW ones.

Gargolock
I own that giant - yet to paint him. Have to say it�?Ts an absolutely beautiful model.

Kamphre:

tjub:

Cool, just saw these as well! Will be released in hard plastic as well, so no more resin/metal. :slight_smile:

tjub:

Mantic will be releasing this “Phoenix” as well for their Basilean range in December. Might be something useful? Atleast its flaming… :cheers
EDIT: Its on a 75x75 base btw.

tjub:

Oh, and Abyssal Dwarfs will get an update for Vanguard with new releases as well early 2020. Exciting times! :smiley:

https://manticblog.com/2019/08/14/ice-iron-warband-updates/

tjub:

Here is another new Abyssal Dwarf från Mantic, this time it looks like a gun slinging adventurer? :slight_smile:

tjub:

Labeled as a Abyssal Dwarf Scout/Ranger. :hat off

Abecedar:

I think I’ve already got a suitable model for him.

But I don’t think we’ve taken up edition 2 here yet (I’ll have to check)

We iz a bit backward here.

cornixt:

He looks good with and without the face guard.

tjub:

I think I've already got a suitable model for him.
But I don't think we've taken up edition 2 here yet (I'll have to check)
We iz a bit backward here.

Abecedar
Are you still playing KoW 1ed? :o 2ed was great IMO, but 3rd looks to be soo much better still, evolution rather than revolution as its said.
Im so looking forward to the 21st of October when it releases! :cheers :hat off

Gargolock:

Are you still playing KoW 1ed? :o 2ed was great IMO, but 3rd looks to be soo much better still, evolution rather than revolution as its said.

tjub
As someone who just got into 2nd edition via the online starter PDFS and is planning on hopping into 3rd, What is Changing exactly? How does it look so much better?

tjub:

tjub
As someone who just got into 2nd edition via the online starter PDFS and is planning on hopping into 3rd, What is Changing exactly? How does it look so much better?

Gargolock
Some stuff can be found here... Mantic Blog

...or there are a big compiled thread about it at KoW Forum

But Im most excited for thematic lists, the new disengaging rules, item/magic specific to armies. Its cleaned up and fluffier, of course minor tweaks balancing out units and rules as well.

As for our beloved Chaos Dwarfs/Abyssal Dwarfs Ratkin were mentioned in some of the pods. Im quite interested to see in which way that will affect us. In KoW lore Ratkin is an Abyssl Dwarf creation gone bad...

tjub:

Uncharted Empires will follow for KoW3 in December with army lists for the rest of the armies not included in the main book. There has also been talk of a bigger magic supplement coming in the near future(years) for KoW3.

tjub:

Oh and a sweet huge updated map of the world! :hat off

…also Mantics KoW3 preview, Kings of War 3rd Edition Preview - YouTube

And Successor Kingdoms…