[Archive] Kislev

gIL^:

i have bear riders, i use them as rhinox riders, i dub them, the brother bears

AGPO:

Looking forward to the release of "The Golden Compass" (aka Northern Lights) - just re-reading the book and armoured polar bears rock.

Copplestone castings do an excellent polar bear

and I have greenstuff . . . . . . . :idea

Father Grumpmas
Don't waste your money, its 100 times worse even than the Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone movie

Kera foehunter:

Brother bear Booooooo rip off .

Father Grumpmas:

Don't waste your money, its 100 times worse even than the Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone movie

AGPO
Thanks for the heads up but I will probably go and see it anyway (a fool and his money etc . . . ) - I just like armoured polar bears (and who doesn't :hat off)

They could double as bull centaurs in a polar chaos dwarf army (sound of receeding footsteps as Grumpmas goes in search of Norse Dwarfs and snow flock)

AGPO:

Or indeed you could use them in a Kislev army, or in DL as… Khornate Daemon Bears!!!

Warlord:

The bear was available up to not that long ago but I just checked out the GW UK online store and it is not there. The entire Kislev Mordheim range seems to have been deleted as well.

Here is the catalogue listing of the wood elf beast masters

http://www.solegends.com/citcat88/0404elves.htm

Father Grumpmas
The Bear and the Mordhiem range were removed about the same time - about a year ago.

Those Kislev Mordhiem figures are fantastic, I ordered some about a month before they stopped making them. I missed out on the Bears...

I use Reaper Bears too...

I use this one for my Ogre Bulls, and this one as my maneaters (removing the axe of course).

Lost_Heretic:

I’m working on a Kislev/Empire army right now. All the models will have a Kislevite look, but I wanted to have more of a selection for my army than four units. :slight_smile:

AGPO:

Many models not on the online store are still available if you call direct with the codes. You could give it a go anyway

Kera foehunter:

do you guys that use the reaper bear use the dire bears or the dwarf bear riders?

ashur:

Dwarf bear riders ???

Malificant:

yep. reaper’s warlord dwarf range has a captain riding a bear. could be cool rhinox riders.

Father Grumpmas:

The old Grenadier range of figures (now produced by Mirliton miniatures) has a range of dwarf bear riders

http://www.mirliton.it/index.php?page=3&cName=fantasy-2528mm-dwarves&sort=1a

Apparently there is an early Prince Caspian trailer around that shows 3 bears charging into battle - go the Bulgy Bears - although the rumour is that there will only be one main Bulgy Bear in the film.

For Shame - and New Zealanders are making this film too :mad

Kera foehunter:

sweet father gumpmas i like them .the charging bear is the best one .Malificant do you mean by the captain .The female dwarf rider that just came out.

Willmark:

I'm working on a Kislev/Empire army right now. All the models will have a Kislevite look, but I wanted to have more of a selection for my army than four units. :)

Lost_Heretic
Take a look at page one of this thread. The WD I referrenced has a phenominal Kislev army using the "count as rule" and the DoW list.

Malificant:

kera, no i mean this guy:

http://www.reapermini.com/gallery/dwarvesu/14136_G

dwarves in warlord are so badass. that bane ability is crazy good.

gIL^:

who ever is interisted a little company makes 1600 polish hussars. that are basically winged lancers and there �2 each and 28mm

painting does not give them justice

pikemen, they come with fairly long pikes bit longer than standard gamesworkshop and �1 each

guns!

i just bought them based them with 20mm although i cut off the metal base, i hate them

although i bought gamesworkshop winged lancers and i bought what i needed that wasnt in the gamesworkshop range, 40 pikemen YEA! so i bought everything i could from gw and its there fault they dont support them pikemen and handguns :stuck_out_tongue:

find them at http://www.bearsdenminiatures.com/28mm%20products.html

Malificant:

nice find Gil! any pics of the hussars un-painted or up close?

gIL^:

this is the pic on the site, i never bought any of these but there other minis are fine

more minis

not a fan but they have everything

hope that is ok mal

AGPO:

The hussars look okay, I thought polish hussars would make good lancers, seeing as thats who they’re based on

Kera foehunter:

great paint job on the horsesand the banners