[Archive] Knights of the Lady

TheHoodedMan:

Hi folks,

I searched but didnt find a thread in which I showed my Knights of Equitaine (Bretonnia) so I decided to spam the forum with another topic :-).<br><br>Some time ago I thought about selling the Knights because painting them is a little time consuming. There was also a tendency that pure infantry lists in T9A seemed to be very powerful, which I didnt like at all.

In the meantime I dedicated some effort in the models and collected everything I wanted for the moment. I could also play 2 or 3 games with them and it is really fun and a nice variation in playstyle to my infernal dwarfs which are still my main army. I wanted to have slightly different colors at every Knight. The Aspirants have no iconic heraldry and no helmet tops. The painting is a compromise between the look of the models and the available time.

The Lucretia Belladonna is painted by a friend of mine.

Now I have about 20 mounted models painted, but still a lot to do. I`ll concentrate on the Knights first, but some time there will follow an infantry block with halberds or spears to protect the Grail reliquae.

The models so far:

Knights aspirant unit:

Some Yeomen:

last addition musician and standard, bases not tidied up yet:

Skink:

Well, what to say, Bretonnian armies are always a beaut, especially well painted ones like yours :smiley:

Carcearion:

Really exellenf paint job all around!

Love the yeomen color scheme especially for some reason, something about the cream and blue is really spot on

Bloodbeard:

Lovely miniatures. These are just as the best Bretonia need to be. Vibrant colours, lots of different patterns. Very nice work Hood.

I most also compliment you on your bases. A great mix of sand, rocks, tufts and grass. Adds a lot of life to the models

Enjoysrandom:

I really like them, they look great!

Abecedar:

Oh you silly equitaine knights.  your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries.
What is that on your banner? A Moose? A sun burned rabbit maybe?

Very nice,you’ve done them well.

TheHoodedMan:

:):slight_smile:

It`s a pink rabbit.

They all follow the pink rabbit :cheers.

Thx :hat off

@Bloodbeard:

Some bases, especially of the common Knights, were already structured basecoated as I bought the core of the army. I decided not to rebase them and chose the colors and grass/tufts very traditionally after comparing 3 or 4 variants.

I found especially this kind of rocks very helpful without overdoing the bases

Enjoysrandom:

@Abecedar: When this thread starts talking about African swallows I’m leaving! (The boys over at MP are legends!!!)

TheHoodedMan:

A few more Fighters for the Lady:

A duke:

A knight of the realm:

Two grail knights (“new” knights on old horses); I plan to do two units of 8 - one modern grail knights on old horses and one classic grail knights.

I had two good but still expensive opportunities at evil bay for my favorite character models at the weekend. I am really looking forward to getting these miniatures and add them to the army.

Abecedar:

Had a brain fail and was trying to find the like button

Malorndk:

Looking good! Brettonians are lovely and forces a wide variety on the painter in terms of colors. I like that about em

cornixt:

Looking very good.

What’s with the bases? There seems to be a tiny lip around the edge at the bottom.

I’ve been reading the Game of Thrones books recently, so it has inspired me to paint up a random unit of knights with all their backstory and crests. Probably won’t get around to it for a while.

TheHoodedMan:

Looking very good.
What's with the bases? There seems to be a tiny lip around the edge at the bottom.
I've been reading the Game of Thrones books recently, so it has inspired me to paint up a random unit of knights with all their backstory and crests. Probably won't get around to it for a while.

cornixt
Thank you.
The lip around the base ist a rectangular magnet for fixing the models to magnetic regiment bases. Unfortunately the precut magnets are slightly bigger than the bases (but once on a regiment base this won`t show.)