[Archive] Kollossus question

Mian:

Hi all, hoping someone can help me out.

In the indy rules the kollossus is a ridden monster and the crew can fight as normal in HtH … can opponents attack the crew separate from the kollossus itself.

also if a character on top is in a challenge, can the opponent attack the annihilators? or are they also considered part of the mount?

Cheers in advance :slight_smile:

Mark

Willmark:

Paging Matt Birdoff, paging Matt Birdoff!

snowblizz:

According to the rules, if the Kollossus is a ridden monster then…

yes, you can attack the crew separately from the “mount”.

no, crew will not be able to fight in a challenge nor can the crew be attacked by anyone.

Border Reiver:

Snowblizz’s interpretation is correct based on the rules for ridden monsters and challenges.

nitroglysarine:

IS there any restriction on size minimum wize on a kolosus?

The name sugests bg, i’m just wondering how small people have gone?

Mian:

IS there any restriction on size minimum wize on a kolosus?
The name sugests bg, i'm just wondering how small people have gone?

nitroglysarine
I was also wondering this, I see many people have been using 50mm bases, but the indy book does not specify a base size for the kollossus ... I was going to use the siege tower as a base model to work off .... any thoughts?

mattbird:

50mm, chariot sized, or the new 60x100mm base would all be OK for it, I think. I would say nothing larger than a standard legal GW base size…

Border Reiver:

So, my 120mm x 100mm seige tower/kolossus is too big?

mattbird:

I would say it depends on your opponents? Casual gamers likely wouldn’t mind, but I can see hardcore guys questioning it. Mine is on a 100x100mm, and hasn’t caused any issues. It’s usually beneficial to your opponent to have it on a larger base, as it becomes harder to move, easier to target with cannon and stone throwers, etc…

nitroglysarine:

So, my 120mm x 100mm seige tower/kolossus is too big?

Border Reiver
Well it is at the very least... kolosal! :D

Border Reiver:

That it is, and it allowed me to make it look like a big Dawi Zharr head with a big hat.