[Archive] Kollossus Rules

Merchant:

Hi all :slight_smile:

Can any of you help me? I need to know the discription, profile, special rules, unit size (and unit) and point cost/model of the Kollossos, if it is a Special/Rare choice, since I want to build one to use in my army.

Hope you’ll help me… thanks :hat off

Cheers Merchant :slight_smile:

Uzkul Werit:

Ah ha. The Kollosus doesn’t exsist in rules form, only in the fluff.

Grimstonefire:

I’ll move this into the rules section so we can come up with some rules between us :wink:

I guess the first place to start is the base size.

50mm would appear the obvious choice, but there would be a place for a ‘demi giant’ in our list (40mm).

furrie:

when I hear the word kollosus, the first thing that comes in my mind is big, so lets put him on 50 mm base. is the kollosus a walking device? if yes it should have some fall over rule. because it is harder to control a walking device then one wich rolls

Hashut’s Blessing:

Okay, the kollosus is only mentioned in Grudgebearer, to the best of my knowledge. if I recall rightly from having read descriptions, it is a large walking machine in the image of Hashut, with flamethrowers on the shoulders. Thusly, i would say a giant-sized version of the killa kan, but more bull like. Mr. Xander made one himself. It has no official rules though.

Xander:

My conversion can be found here:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2

kollossus-v2-05.jpg

turquois dwarf:

ive always liked the idea of a colosus but wonderd how to use it. i suppose as a temary substitute you could use a dogs of war giant and say the randomnes is because of a bound deamon?

Grimstonefire:

I was thinking of a DOW giant, but really something like this deserves house rules.

In the latest WD there are rules and ideas for a warhammer style Apocalypse. Might be interesting?

Khan!:

Certainly for tournament play the kolossus should just count as a DOW giant, but for friendly…hm… What about rules like the steam tank has (used to have? I haven’t read the new Empire book) ie steam points, special kinds of close-combat attacks, etc.

asheira:

My friend put his on the base for the Giant.

50x75 i think

not quite as long as the chariot base, thank god

i’ll e-mail him and ask him for a picture

asheira:

Certainly for tournament play the kolossus should just count as a DOW giant, but for friendly....hm...  What about rules like the steam tank has (used to have? I haven't read the new Empire book) ie steam points, special kinds of close-combat attacks, etc.

Khan!
According to the DoW refferance pace i have CD cant use the Giant,
but we can use the Dow Giants of Albion unit.

2 giants and some dude.

Obsidian:

Yes, found it!

How’s your Kollossus coming about Merchant?

Nice piece there Xander! Where are those (silver)cog motives from?