[Archive] Kordel Shorgaar

zagor66:

Does anyone have the storm of chaos book , if you do does it contain the rules for kordel shorgaar?or is he just a person with no rules.thanks:hat off

Pyro Stick:

I think his rules would be in storm of chaos if he has any. I just bought one a few days ago. Its an awesome model. Are there rules for archaon on foot in soc as well?

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Nope, Vardek Crom had his own rules, Kordel Shorgaar didn’t. He just had a small text field with his fluff in there, but no special rules.

Pyro Stick:

Well at least crom has rules. I recently bought him as well so ill go borrow soc from a friend.

AGPO:

Kordel has no rules, much like the 5 characters leading the god specific armies have no specific rules. Archaon on foot is just Archaon on foot - you use the model once his steed has been killed. Dhrogar has a specific points cost though, so you could field him on foot with your opponents permission

Kera foehunter:

the only thing i find is that standard Bearer of the sword of Chaos

Pyro Stick:

the only thing i find is that standard Bearer of the sword of Chaos

Kera foehunter
Yeah thats what he is. He is a limited edition model from archaon horde army box which came out with the middenheim defenders set.

Are there rules for the Swords of Chaos banner?

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Nope. I think he was just supposed to be used as a regular BSB in an Archaon’s Horde army.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Maybe with War Banner, I can’t remember. Although, if you qwere to use him and wanted a magic banner (as opposed to items that show his battle prowess), you could always give him the Banner of the Gods (which IMO is overrated and overpriced).

AGPO:

I only take banner of the gods as a way to eat up points when I’m working out how many points of chaos I could theorettically put on the field in a legal army. As an interesting aside, Chaos armies can take two battle standards - one wargor and one aspiring champion. A loophole I know and thoroughly beardy but there it is

Kyte:

I remember some mention that Kordel was an exalted champion BSB in stead of an aspiring champion BSB, and he was wearing Archaon’s special banner. It might have been on the SOC page or in a white dwarfc or something.

Thanks

- Kyte

AGPO:

Well I can tell you categorically that the only rules for Kordel were house rules. I converted mine into a chaos lord and used the banner for another model anyway

Pyro Stick:

Well I can tell you categorically that the only rules for Kordel were house rules. I converted mine into a chaos lord and used the banner for another model anyway

AGPO
..........You defiled a limited edition model?!?!?!? YOU FIEND!!

AGPO:

It was only a hand swap - no cutting. And I infinitely prefer the end results

Kera foehunter:

I think it cool AGPO.Its just a figure pyro.I butcher lotts of cool figures just to swap stuff.

AGPO:

Besides, I’m not bothered about something being limited edition, it doesn’t give it any extra value to me and as I never sell my minis theres no adverse effect. There are thousands of each special edition model, a conversion is unique