[Archive] [KoW] 1500 points list : Let's fly and rock!

Kamphre:

Hi !

I’m trying this list tonight :

• 10 Gargoyles

• 10 Gargoyles

• 20 Orcs slaves

• 20 Immortal guard (brew of strength)

• 6 Obsidian golems (pipes of terror)

• 6 Grotesques (potion of the caterpillar)

• 1 Dragon fire-team

• 1 Dragon fire-team

• 1 Ironcaster

• 1 Ironcaster (Crepognon�?Ts Scrying Gem)

1500 points, for Kings of War.

The idea is to have a solid center, with golems in front, 2 iron caster behind, to heal and surge them, Dragon fire-teams on both sides.

Immortal gaurd not too far, to be healed if needed. Slaves to sacrifice on a flank.

Flying on a side, getting quickly behind or flanking units.

And Grotesques will meanly depends of the enemy deployment. Either with the flyings or on the other flank.

What do you think ? Have you tried something similar ?

Carcearion:

I’d consider myself a pretty experiences KoW player (I’m currently holding a spot on the US Masters team for the PNW region) - and overall I think you have a pretty solid list.

I’d would change out the Pipes of Terror for the Brew of Haste on the Golem as that +1 speed makes a huge difference with those specific units. Also since most your list is built to be part of a single heavy battlegroup i don’t think the Scrying Gem will do much good for you - I’d recommend using those points elsewhere.

Kamphre:

I'd consider myself a pretty experiences KoW player (I'm currently holding a spot on the US Masters team for the PNW region) - and overall I think you have a pretty solid list.

I'd would change out the Pipes of Terror for the Brew of Haste on the Golem as that +1 speed makes a huge difference with those specific units. Also since most your list is built to be part of a single heavy battlegroup i don't think the Scrying Gem will do much good for you - I'd recommend using those points elsewhere.

Carcearion
I followed your advice and changed the pipes for the brew, but I couldn't find something to replace the gem. But I knew that it would disturb my opponent.
It work as intended and as I had less units than him, it balanced the deployment.

In fine I won 1400 points to 400, I lost my golems and a unit of gargoyles. It was a great game.

Abecedar:

Well Done. Who and what did you play against?

tjub:

Cool to have more KoW players now, needed when the next campaign comes around! :slight_smile:

Kamphre:

I’ve always played to KoW, but I suffer a lack of opponents. I’m in a gaming club, but most of people play 40k.

They recently tried and like AoS. I’m waiting they get enough troops to attract them.

I was playing against Goblins. I had a game last week against the same person (and same list) with my vanilla dwarf but on a bigger table. I won but the biggest table (1.80m1.20) helped him a lot has he had a lot of warmachines.

Yesterday (without knowing he had the same list), we played on a 1.20
1.20 table and it was harder to get lines of sight.

Roughly his list was :

- 2 legions of rabble

- 1 horde of archer

- 2 balistas

- 2 rock thrower

- 2 mincers

- 2 troops of fleabag riders

- 1 troop of fleabag rider sniff

Jackswift:

Nice list. Glad to hear it was effective. I may have to pick up some gargoyles and try something similar.