[Archive] Ku'gath Plaguefather

Kera foehunter:

look like your off to a good start how many day do you have left grim?

Ghrask Dragh:

Hate the original model, love what your doing to it!!

I think the face will look amazing when the horns go on, it’s difficult to make out alot of the detail as it is now but I don’t think he will end up looking too happy, just looks evil :sick the left leg looks very thick, is there any chance of the bloated belly covering some of it up at the top where the thighs are? might be a bit hard to do though?

Grimstonefire:

I have changed my plan a little.  I decided to have him sitting on a throne ontop of the disk.  This way I can include more details.  As it was I would have struggled, the parts under his arms would have been to crampt to include much.

I also realised that my plan to include a dwarf captive or two wouldn’t have worked they way I was originally going to do it.  So my new cunning plan is to build a cage underneath the seat with some dwarf slaves!  I’ve built the cage and started on the dwarfs.

@Kera

about 5 months.

@Ghrask

Some flabby flaps! Easy to do. I’ll try and finish off the basic shapes over the weekend then take some more pics.

clam:

With such sculpting abilities - why use that awful model at all :smiley: You did great Grim. It looks quite promissing.

And yes, he might have a grin face - but I would’n’t say that he looks happy at all. He’ll turn out evil :smiley:

Looking forward to see the cage and the dwarf captive.

Grimstonefire:

I’ve been doing a fair amount of work on this one recently, none on the big fella himself.  

I have changed the plan a bit, but it will look a lot better as a result.  I have made a scenic base ontop of an old dvd, basically extending the tidal wave of nurglings supporting the palanquin over a much wider area.

This sounds a lot better so far, the only problem is I now have about 150 nurglings to sculpt… :o  I don’t mind doing this if it makes my entry that bit more impressive, but here I where I need some help.

I need as many sketches of nurglings from your imagination as possible.  This way they will not all end up looking too similar, and after the first 30 or so I will hopefully still be inspired! :D  Being small they will not take too long to do.

I’m not bothered at all about the quality of the sketches, but try to keep them so they look vaguely similar to the GW ones, and could be sculpted quite small.

apocalypstia:

How putrescently delicious! Awesome works - Excellent adaptation of an otherwise static type model and giving it a whole new life. Sounds and looks to be a phenominal build, and only 150 nurglings? thats a lot of nurglings… avery ambitious piece which i am sure will become an inspiration to many.

Are you looking for nurglin’s sketches in any particular pose/action or just flashes to help inspire the mass of nurglin’s lugging this throned lab forward onto and into the battlefield?

Grimstonefire:

Either really, the pose can be sorted out as I sculpt them, it’s the detail parts that I need inspiration on.

warh:

Okey,

I have done five sketches now will post them tomorow

Joshmohr:

Wow, lots of cool post’s.

Grimstonefire:

A fairly big update here, not so much in terms of getting the big guy done but in terms of the huge amount of work I’ve done on the base. I’ve sculpted about 90 nurglings so far, which I think means I’m about half way. Some of the ones left are just half bodies where they’re part buried, and I still need to sculpt arms and heads on some of the ones I’ve already done.

Ku’gath himself is still mounted on a 50mm base, by the time I’m done you won’t be able to see it very easily.

I’ve started on the other dwarf pushing the back, and the dwarf slave under the seat is pretty much done.

If I only finish one golden daemon entry this year it will be this one!

Anyhow, onto the pics:

turquois dwarf:

WOW. I love all the little nurglings. Im glad you made them yourself as the ones on Epidemis’s palanquin look very angular.

Hazkar:

SWEET!!!really like that base…so freaking cool

where is that little bottle from?

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

My god. That’s a beauty … now already. Can’t wait to see any next update, let alone to see it painted.

Never thought I’d say that about a Chaos piece.

What’s up with the bottle though? What’s it supposed to be? How do you want to paint the contains of it?
And how did you manage to find it? I mean, who’d make 1 CM bottles with fitting corks (and matching spoons)?

Grimstonefire:

I found it at a hobby shop, it’s from The Dolls House Emporium.

The contents come out, so I will do a simple paint job on the herb things and after everything else is painted glue the bottle on and fill it. If I had some coloured translucent resin I would put some of that in. I think the spoon is from the same place, I have a few other parts to put on the platform.

Kera foehunter:

WOW !! you out did your self again grims

Border Reiver:

Must remember to come back and check this thread more often. Grim, the base and Kugath are looking wonderful. Anything new?

tjub:

WOW! Amazing…

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Wow very cool! The platform with the Nurgle symbol is particularly cool - shame it will probably be all but invisible under Ku’gaths corpulent form. Those pink spiky things are the initial stages of some additional nurglings I suppose?

Grimstonefire:

Yeah, I made the base mainly from lumps of plaster bandage around a plasticard platform cut to fit the 50mm base. Then I glued some oven drying clay lumps around to save on greenstuff. I will have used near 30cm of greenstuff by the time this is done.

Today I will try and make the sack full of nurglings.

Baggronor:

Dude, if I wore a very tall hat instead of a metal hockey mask, it would be very much off. Looking awesome :slight_smile: