[Archive] Ku'gath Plaguefather

Loki:

WOW:o so many nurglings and only hlf way so far they must be driving you mad but an sure is a labour of love, if your entering this in to golden daemon am sure that it will do well, i am going this year so will keep and eye out for it best of luck :hat off

Khunag:

That’s some serious GS skill right there, bravo :slight_smile:

Grimstonefire:

Some shots of the big guy.  I drilled some areas for the beads to go on.  I need to give them all a coat of greenstuff to look more like the blobs on his face.

More detail needed on the legs as well.

[attachment=1519]

Kera foehunter:

looks great grims !!looks like you still have a couple more hours on it if lucky

apocalypstia:

very impressive, love the organic look of your nurglin’s, much like the originals and so much nicer than the chiseled look on epidemus’s palanquin.

Grimstonefire:

A fairly big update, but there is so much left to do I can’t be bothered to list it all! :wink:

The url links to a bigger size, but not the maximum (shame).

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/GrimStonefire/Competition/DSCF0001-2.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/GrimStonefire/Competition/DSCF0003-1.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/GrimStonefire/Competition/DSCF0006.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/GrimStonefire/Competition/DSCF0004-1.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/GrimStonefire/Competition/DSCF0007.jpg

snowblizz:

Wow! (And I’m not talking about that lame-ass MMORPG ;P)

I only wish you could bottle your skills and e-bay that! Of course I’d be too busy to get anything done anyway, but it would still be awesome.

GW needs to buy that off you and just cast it.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Wow! :o From those awesome GS chains down to the fine lines and holes in the GS wood, the detail is outstanding! Very very impressive! I get this right, he is sitting on a Dwarf? Will anyone ever see this detail…?

Grimstonefire:

They will if they look hard enough. :wink:

Kugath is sitting on a cage, and admittedly there’s not a lot of angles he will be visible from, but if people look really close they will see it. I thought I’d put the nurgling in to beat him up a bit, as if being imprisoned under a GUO isn’t punishment enough.

I needed to add height in order to get some details on, and I also wanted to have a dwarf prisoner somewhere. It would have looked unbalanced off the back, so the logical solution was to have the chair as a cage.

There are a lot of small details on here that will only really be obvious once I’ve painted, like on all the nurglings. The wood worm holes you spotted.

The dwarf barrel on the top shelf has corrosion effects, and has melted some holes in the shelf itself.

The glass jars will be stuck on at the very end, in the top one is a skull I had to squeeze in, in the one on the base is a load of eyeballs.

I�?Tve sculpted one dwarf skull with beard to hang on the front of the cauldron, and will do at least one more.

clam:

This is one of the most impressive sculpts I’ve ever seen. All those details … ?? How much green stuff have you used so far? 1 kilo? And only a month to paint it :~ … a piece like this would take me like forever to paint :smiley: It will take a lot of diciplin painting this one, but I know you can do it, and I’m looking so much forward to see the result.

Will we see more before the big day?

Grimstonefire:

I think by the end I will have used around 60cm of greenstuff. I will have to do a final count of the nurglings at the end, but I reckon around 70 complete ones and maybe 40 half obscured ones.

With any luck and a lot of work I will complete it by the end of monday. Hashut only knows how long it will take to paint this beast…

tjub:

Incredible work Grimstone! O_o

AGPO:

Lovely work mate, I’ll reserve judgement on the mouth for now, he looks fairly smiley but I’ll wiat to see where you’re going with it.

Loki:

Amazing work, i cant wait to see this at games day :slight_smile:

Thommy H:

Ew gross.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Baggronor:

Pure pwnage :slight_smile: How much does it weigh?

Grimstonefire:

The final shots before painting!  I never thought I’d get this done.

There’s approximately 160 nurglings, 3 are not sculpted.  Maybe another 20 nurgly blobs/ semi covered nurglings.

I must have used about 55cm of greenstuff.  It weighs 480g

I may as well list some of the details incase they are not obvious on the picture:

• There’s a nurgling in each hand, one of them has a sort of scared expression.

• I sculpted his left arm from the elbow down, as the original model the forearm is half as long as it should be.

• Nurgling beating up dwarf slave in the cage.

• There is a small nurgling crawling out of his stomach.

• Two Dwarf barrells, one of them connected to his liver area, the other corroded and burning through the shelf.

• There is a skull in the standing jar on the shelf, and a load of eyeballs in the one on the base.

• I added a bit more to the tentacles on the wood at the back, so it looks like it’s holding it all together.

• The two bunsen burners (one under cauldron and one under distillary) are connected to pipes stuffed up his @ss for a ready supply of gas.

• I added a load of maggots here and there, but I realised just now that the ones on his legs are antisocial as the ones on his body are grouped together and I sculpted individual ones.

• There are two dwarf plaguebearers pushing it forwards.

Everything else should be obvious from the pics (hopefully).

I still need to do some small work on the base, trying to make some of the sharp bits of plasticard and sprue more natural etc, but that can all be done during painting.

I may also add a small name plate on the jar with skull in with ‘Grimnir’ on in runes.

warh:

Wow nice cool :):):):):)5/5 chaos dwarfs!

hope you get in the top3:)

Border Reiver:

Not sure if the phrase “gorgeous bit of sculpture” captures the amazement and awe that I have when I look at this piece…

clam:

This is one of the most impressive sculpts I’ve ever seen :hat off

Really looking forward seeing this painted - right after GD '09.

Best of luck!

Clam