[Archive] Lammasu & Banner of Eternal Flame?

Groznit Goregut:

Hi All,

I’ve got a question. The Lammasu turns magic weapons to normal weapons for any magic weapon in base contact with it. The Banner of Eternal Flame gives flaming to any normal weapon in a unit. A character with magic weapon wouldn’t get the benefit. What if the Lammasu turns it into a normal weapon? Does it then become flaming?

This is important due to all sorts of defense to flaming attacks that we get. What if a Lammasu and Infernal Guard are in base to base with the same character and that character attacks rank and file? Would the Infernal Guard get the 5+ Ward Save vs. Flaming attacks?

Just curious…

Thommy H:

Yeah, the character using the magic weapon would be able to benefit from the Banner of Eternal Flame in those circumstances. Kind of weird, but that’s how it works.

khedyarl:

That said, I’ve yet to find a character (goblin or otherwise) that won’t maul the crap out of a Lamassu in combat. Poor bearded bugger.

Groznit Goregut:

That said, I've yet to find a character (goblin or otherwise) that won't maul the crap out of a Lamassu in combat.  Poor bearded bugger.

khedyarl
He's T5, right? No armor. I can think of some heroes that will not kill him, especially with no magic weapon. Goblins, Empire heroes, etc. Casters will have a hard time. I mean, they can't kill him in a round. In that round, you get the Sorcerer's attacks and the Thunderstomp.