[Archive] Lammasu Conversion ideas

Necrotique:

Well, just for the head really. I have a few Giant heads lying around and would love some ideas of how to sculpt the head from them using GS. The bodies already sorted, will be a pegasus or manticore body heavily converted (probaly pegasus).

Any step by step pic guide would be appreciated greatly :slight_smile:

Thanks guys :cheers

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I used the Chaos Giant head and added hair and a beard using Green Stuff.

and painted up…

Necrotique:

Damn dude, nice sculpt :o

Does he need to have human feet or can he have cloven feet (ie can I be cheap and make one from a boar:p)

Cheers

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Up to you! I decided on human hands in the front because the Lammasu is sort of a mythical creature that retains human features as well as beast ones.

Hey! Here’s a video on how I built mine using paper clips and Green Stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUDUV8nkxXA

Necrotique:

Those are just wow dude. So much so that it inspired me to take the leap and mould my own lammy head :hat

Here are the links to the photos of mine. Let me know what you think.

Also, are they one 50mm bases?

Cheers

ImageShack - Best place for all of your image hosting and image sharing needs

Necrotique:

Side on pic :slight_smile:

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Not bad. Is it a smaller Lammasu, being based on the Boar? Mine’s sitting on a 50mmx50mm base.

Necrotique:

Is quite large I think, quite larger than most mounts. I put a pic of it next to a CD sorcerer to show scale. I think it may be a little bit smaller than yours though. Waiting for the GS to bake and then I can get a mount in order :slight_smile:

Xander:

Alternatively, you could purchase the Raging Heroes Lammasu head:

http://www.ragingheroes.com/collections/complete-collection/products/manticore-lamassu

7.45 euros. :slight_smile:

Necrotique:

Would do, but already over this weeks spending allowance for my relationship, and my partner would kill me :~

zobo1942:

((whip cracking sound))

Necrotique:

Haha, pretty much. bummed cause I just found out about trollforged :frowning:

:hat