[Archive] Lammi-Taurus - chocks away!

Father Grumpmas:

Finally biting the bullet and fielding a Great Taurus in an army :cheers

The beastie has to be painted and ready for action by 26 September, so I can promise some updates in the next couple of weeks.

By good planning (or dumb luck) a few years ago I managed to get my hands on a Lammasu body and a great Taurus head. I greenstuffed a bit of a mane on to it and that merged the head with the body pretty well. I then undercoated it and that was as far as it went.

After some reasonable success with a blunderbuss heavy army, I noticed two things:

1. My general was not always getting into combat - too slow and was often avoided on purpose.

2. The wolf boy/bull centaur unit combo was not always strong enough to deal with the mobile aspects of the enemy e.g. knights, chariots.

Hence stick the general on a fast flying terror causer and see what happens (a volley of bolt thrower shots is probably what will happen :().

More updates as the figure progresses.

GRNDL:

Pics! Or it didn’t happen!!!

The Brain:

My general was not always getting into combat - too slow and was often avoided on purpose.

Father Grumpmas
Alas I feel your pain, it happens to the lord in my dwarf army all the time.
Please put up some pics as soon as you can the conversion sounds cool.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Sounds like an interesting concept. Like all the others on here, i can’t wait to see what it looks like.

Father Grumpmas:

A couple of shots of the Lammi-Taurus undercoated - doesn’t really look much different to a ‘normal’ Taurus.

Some pics of some rushed painted/dipped army re-enforcements

’Normal" dwarfs

Grenadier Chaos Dwarfs

Citadel Chaos Dwarfs

Loki:

Great models, the Taurus head on the Lammasu works really well and creates a very cool looking model, great work on the foor troops as well, look forward to seeing more soon :slight_smile:

Father Grumpmas:

Got this chap painted up for a competition last weekend - had 3 wins and 3 losses - came 24th out of 62.

He had great fun fighting rhinox, giants, wyverns and chaos spawn

Bassman:

Nice conversion. Actually the head fits because the Lammasu body and the Taurus body share the same base. There are just little differences (Hooves, different tail).

Taurus lord is fun guaranteed. If you loose him or win is always fun. :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

So Father grumpmas since your taurus did so well are you going to put him out to studd now

nice converionand paint job

Father Grumpmas:

So Father grumpmas since your taurus did so well are you going to put him out to studd now
nice converionand paint job

Kera foehunter
Oh no - he's going on the rampage in 2010 - I'm intending to play Chaos Dwarfs at most of the touramants I go to next year.

I have a score to settle with some rhinox riders!

Kera foehunter:

Well good luck !!in 2010