[Archive] Large amount of support for LoA

cornixt:

I know that Warseer isn’t exactly representative of the gaming community, and many of you have not only read the thread but have also posted, but the result of this poll are pretty nice:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?342152-General-consensus-on-Tamurkhan-s-Legion-of-Azgorh-Chaos-Dwarfs

As of writing with 182 votes:

I am all for the use of the Chaos Dwarfs! I will gladly play with/against them if given the chance.

(171) 93.96%

I am against the use of the Tamurkhan Chaos Dwarf list, and will not play with/against them.

(11) 6.04%

cornixt:

I know that Warseer isn’t exactly representative of the gaming community, and many of you have not only read the thread but have also posted, but the result of this poll are pretty nice:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?342152-General-consensus-on-Tamurkhan-s-Legion-of-Azgorh-Chaos-Dwarfs

As of writing with 182 votes:

I am all for the use of the Chaos Dwarfs! I will gladly play with/against them if given the chance.

(171) 93.96%

I am against the use of the Tamurkhan Chaos Dwarf list, and will not play with/against them.

(11) 6.04%

Veshnakar:

Yeah! I just thought it would be nice to get a consensus from one of the larger communities out there. Turns out it was quite a success and even helped way my local organizer to allow them at all our local shindigs.

Furthermore playing in tournaments has only shown the naysayers in my community to give playing against them a shot before jumping to conclusions about the cries of Chaos Dwarfs being “overpowered” and it has had a great effect! I can now play the Legion of Azgorh with very little hesitation from others.

I truly hope this helps others to find the same consensus with their own groups. (and taking as few destroyers and magma cannons as you can certainly helps, at least while you ate trying to get everyone used to playing against them!;))

MLP:

(and taking as few destroyers and magma cannons as you can certainly helps, at least while you ate trying to get everyone used to playing against them!;))

Veshnakar
I think the use of Magma cannons (maybe even Destroyers) will be more accepted as more army books are released. Each army is progressively getting larger monstrous units so I suspect the Destroyer won't seem quite so bad once all Army Books are redone. Also I think the Dwarf Flame cannon will be remade in the image of our Magma cannon(Dwarfs would hate that :hat) which should make that more accepted.

rpitts2004:

Yeah but magma cannons and destroyers are INSTA win, They aren’t that strong compared to somethings in the game. And yeah I can see the flame cannon masking the magma cannon

Thommy H:

Keep an eye out for my excellent cameo in that thread.

MLP:

Even though the guy has told us the first two letters of his word I still can’t figure it out…

The whole thing did make me chuckle though. I wonder if he’ll PM you with his list of website he doesn’t want you to post.

Thommy H:

I haven’t been back, so I have no idea.

cornixt:

Even though the guy has told us the first two letters of his word I still can't figure it out...

MLP
I think the missing letters are "nker".
Yeah but magma cannons and destroyers are INSTA win
I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but those two units do seem to have developed a reputation that far exceeds their actual performance.

Willmark:

Interesting and not suprising at the same time that some players objector ions are: "how can I play against them if I don’t know what they will do?"

O_O

Parish:

The disgusting thing is that obviously quite a lot of people just play tablegame to win , or just enjoy it if they win at the end .

I don’t really see the point of such a behaviour , I mean , why don’t they just enjoy this pretext of wargame were you are gathered with some friend sharing this hobby .

What if someone just refuse to play with me because I’m playing CD , just get out of my way I just want to spend a good moment not to have headache because someone is complaining about X our Y unit which he is not used to with .

MLP:

Even though the guy has told us the first two letters of his word I still can't figure it out...

MLP
I think the missing letters are "nker".
Yeah but magma cannons and destroyers are INSTA win
I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but those two units do seem to have developed a reputation that far exceeds their actual performance.

cornixt
Ah but there was a 'y' after the word!

Yeah I think that thread proves a large portion of people(at least warseer people) have a massively different view to the people on this site. It does seem like everyone has just jumped on the bandwagon saying they're overpowered and should be banned from THE WORLD OR IT WILL END!!!

In reality, most of them probably haven't had much(or any) experiance with the units and just asume it must be right if others think it.

Like Willmark said, I think it's stupid that people won't play what they don't know. I think half the enjoyment of Warhammer is figuring out how to combat something you weren't expecting.

cornixt:

Some of the objection is “I have to buy another army book to memorise the abilities of another army, and it costs more than the other ones” or even the weird circle of “I don’t know anyone who plays them so if I play against them I won’t have had any practise at playing against them so I will be disadvantaged”, which might make some sense for a tournament but not for anything else (and they usually don’t specify that anyway).

Thommy H:

Who cares what anyone on Warseer thinks anyway? After Youtube commenters, these are the worst people on the internet. I’d sooner listen to the opinions of a chatroom full of paedophiles.

khedyarl:

I see your Warseer, Thommy, and raise you Dakkadakka posters.

Admiral:

Who cares what anyone on Warseer thinks anyway? After Youtube commenters, these are the worst people on the internet. I'd sooner listen to the opinions of a chatroom full of paedophiles.

Thommy H
You aren't exaggerating a lot now, are you? Everything that a large amount of people seem to think on Warseer (and also all other sites, but especially Warseer) should be taken with a pinch or a bucket of salt, but it isn't that bad.

Thommy H:

Well, I am occasionally prone to drunken hyperbole.

MLP:

Who cares what anyone on Warseer thinks anyway? After Youtube commenters, these are the worst people on the internet. I'd sooner listen to the opinions of a chatroom full of paedophiles.

Thommy H
You aren't exaggerating a lot now, are you? Everything that a large amount of people seem to think on Warseer (and also all other sites, but especially Warseer) should be taken with a pinch or a bucket of salt, but it isn't that bad.

Admiral
Looking at the latest post in the thread it seems at least one person in the warseer community isn't a fan of CDO!

Forum posters are just a minority really, sometimes I forget and think that surely every Warhammer gamer in the world posts on warseer or their relevant army forum. But in reality it's likey to be only a very small percentage or wargamers.

So although a poll or similar will get a certain result, it's only representative of the type of people who frequent that particular forum. Saying that 93% for LoA is a good result and shows that there's only a small percent of idiots on Warseer.