[Archive] Last weekend I put on a display game

Hashut’s little helper:

Gentlemen, I kid you not, there will be Chaos dwarves forthcoming from the Battleforge.

I am not teasing you, just letting you know that they will be a reality and they are very nice looking from what I have seen of the prototypes thus far.

Ellimist:

You’ve got me on the edge of my seat. Can we at least get a description of the style they’re done in? 3rd edition? 4th? The hellcannon crew? If they at least have curly beards, I’ll be very interested.

Hashut’s little helper:

The prototypes were, in my humble opinion, like a cross between the Hellcannon crew and third edition CD’s.

Rich with character, chain mail veils and the like, Hook halberds instead of spears, I think a couple had curly beards but they were not ridiculously long like some DWaerves beards. I’ll have to see if I can find the pictures.

clam:

If that’s the case, I’m ready for pre-orders. Sounds very much like the kind of dwarfs I’m looking for :smiley:

And I do hope you find the pictures - as said the most exciting news in months/years.

Zanko:

If that's the case, I'm ready for pre-orders.

clam
Count me in too! :cheers

:hashut

Hashut’s little helper:

Gentlemen, I don’t presume to be rude but…

Get in the God Damned queue behind ME !!!

:cheers:)

But seriously, a little birdie told me that there will be greens on the production table by the end of…

June…

(Squirming with excitement… can’t type… must focus…)

Thats right folks, these are going to become a reality much sooner than any of us expected.

We have been waiting quite literally for decades for new models and siege weapons and command models and rank and file and whatever else … and now, from the mighty fires of the Battleforge, there will begin to be a program of steady releases.

Not a horrendous gushing, like the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, but a consistent developmental release based on a unit by unit progression, on something like a bi-monthly basis and that is likely to start with greens on the production table as wonderfully soon as by the end of this month (June) that means there could, and there should be, the first metals available for purchase from the Battleforge, by the end of July.

I’m not 100% certain what will be first in terms of production but the general indicator points toward rank and file.

I’m not certain what will follow but I do know there will be Commands and rank and file and there was definitely talk about new blunderbuss style weapon missile troops and there was also definitely a mention of … crossbows. Now that sounds titillatingly like a salute to 3rd edition to me…

Anyhoo, the great gates of the Battleforge have closed with a thundering clang, and all that can be heard from within are the sounds of bellows puffing, metal tools beating upon iron, and mallets and hammers pounding upon steel as the wheels of industry began to turn in the bowels of the Battleforge.

The guards ushered me away uthreatening to cut off my ear that was pressed hard to the solid walls of the Battleforge and I could learn no more…

clam:

Okay, you’re first, but I’m second.

It’s really exciting news - and greens already by the end of the month makes it even more exciting. I’ll keep an eye on the battleforge website - and remeber to do a ‘big announcement’ in the “Chaos dwarf - section” when pictures starts to show.

Ellimist:

Hopefully with all that skill he can forge a decent working website sometime soon…

I’m somewhat optimistic, but I’m not a fan of 3rd ed styling. Guess it’s a matter of wait and see :slight_smile:

Zanko:

Okay, you're first, but I'm second.

It's really exciting news ...

clam
I have no problem to give both of you the advantage! :D

I just hope you are right with your prediction concerning the style of the CDs and the timeframe of the release!

:hashut

Hashut’s little helper:

First metals by the end of July is on the cards, they will most likely be some fresh new Rank and File CD’s.

Considering how long we have had to wait for GW to do something, this is happening at light speed.

@ Ellimist; yes Sir, I couldn’t agree more, the website is in ‘desperate’ need of upgrading and that too is in the pipeline, God knows I have badgered him about it enough already, luckily the shabbiness of the website has no bearing on the quality of the sculpting. :wink: