[Archive] Latest pics of Iron Drakes with rules

TheFNG:

Not sure if anyone posted this, but Dwarf-crafted means they ignore the -1 penalty to Stand and Shoot.

French_noodle:

Don’t like the new Dwarf release at all (small beards, no personality in faces…)

I still think this kit can be used for CDs:shields are pretty nice, and those gun could become blunderbusses if it fits on the FW infernal guards models.

There may be something to do with it i guess.

cornixt:

I like how much they look like these old conversions of blunderbusses:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2129&pid=38506#pid38506

Hashut’s Blessing:

Bloodbeard: You don’t combine Ward saves, you choose the best. I.E. Parry save OR the 6+ Ward save of their armour - 6+ Ward either way.

I don’t understand where the thinking came from: let’s take the heavy, durable infantry and give them guns more powerful than the basic troops’ guns. It feels a bit like they went “What’s all the cool stuff we could do to one unit? Cool, let’s do it all at once.”.

Albeit, that’s excepting the models. VERY much non-GW design IMO. Again, it’s feeling a bit Rackham-y. Just not the kind of design I expect from GW. I like the designs on the plates though, just not the shapes they’ve used.

Lastly, WHY is the drum/drummer’s beard so HORRENDOUSLY badly sculpted? It’s like a videogame from the 90’s.

Geist:

Rip those heads off put chaos dwarf helmets on them few minor tweaks and my blunderbuss unit is made.

FYI those guns while they are good are not better than blunderbusses from the ForgeWorld book.

Cons of IronDrake guns:
Those guns, not move and shoot, not multi shot, and no shields.
Pros of those IronDrake guns:
St 5 ap, flaming (which is a pro/con) 6++ ward (which kinda makes up for no shield but the 3+ save is really nice so its a loss).

Cons of Blunderbusses
Our guns, range 12, st3, have to pay for movement penalty.
Pros of Blunderbusses
move and shoot, reroll failed to wound (but have to have high body count to use it), ignore multi shot, ignore stand and shoot (again needs body count but still) and you get shield.

Just my two cents.

Baggronor:

Cons of IronDrake guns:
Those guns, not move and shoot, not multi shot, and no shields.
Pros of those IronDrake guns:
St 5 ap, flaming (which is a pro/con) 6++ ward (which kinda makes up for no shield but the 3+ save is really nice so its a loss).
Drakeguns are not only move and shoot, they are Quick to Fire. Really like these guys. With the vanguard runic banner, they could be awesome.