[Archive] Legion of Azgorh Bull Centaur Base Size

cornixt:

That’s going to make my models look a bit silly then, surrounded by so much empty space. A bit odd too, considering that they aren’t really anything other than heavy cavalry. If they had Dragon Ogre rules then it would make more sense.

Thommy H:

They’re Monstrous Beasts, with 3-Wounds apiece. The only real precedent in recent books for that is Mournfang Cavalry (on chariot bases) and the Demigryph Knights (on 50x75mm).

Da Crusha:

I dont think the demigriffs getting a new bigger base has anything to do with bcs also getting a big base. we already have had warhammer forge say on several occasions the bcs will be on 50s. also WF usually seems out of the loop as to what gw normally does.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Forgeworld often have people reply with what they feel will be the correct answer, rather than sking the sculptors/design team. Also, nothing is ever set in stone at FW and the new base sizes didn’t exist back then. Put simply, there is nothing to say definitively that they won’t use them and I feel they are the most appropriate base size when considering what they are. As said - chariot base is FAR too large, the base will be elongated because of the shape a bull centaur is and a cavalry base would be too small for what we’ve heard of the size of them (again, this is easily prone to change, but we all know FW likes to make things bigger anyway).

I’m not saying it’s fact, just a very likely plausible and possible outcome.

Far2Casual:

Then why not 40*60 ?

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat470008a&prodId=prod1260055a

Hashut’s Blessing:

Because the only thing to ever use that (beyond a rank/unit filler) is a night goblin special character :wink:

EDIT: also meant to point out - normal cavalry bases are bigger.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Been meaning to say this since the Demigryphs came out - it most likely will be on a 50mm by 75mm base like they are. That’s right, a new base size - a monster and a half or six large infantry or three sideways cavalry or whatever you want to think of it as. Makes sense to use that size though - I doubt they’d be bigger than the demigryphs and I doubt they’d be as small as a monstrous infantry base.

Thommy H:

I thought the same. It would make sense.

cornixt:

That’s going to make my models look a bit silly then, surrounded by so much empty space. A bit odd too, considering that they aren’t really anything other than heavy cavalry. If they had Dragon Ogre rules then it would make more sense.

Thommy H:

They’re Monstrous Beasts, with 3-Wounds apiece. The only real precedent in recent books for that is Mournfang Cavalry (on chariot bases) and the Demigryph Knights (on 50x75mm).

Da Crusha:

I dont think the demigriffs getting a new bigger base has anything to do with bcs also getting a big base. we already have had warhammer forge say on several occasions the bcs will be on 50s. also WF usually seems out of the loop as to what gw normally does.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Forgeworld often have people reply with what they feel will be the correct answer, rather than sking the sculptors/design team. Also, nothing is ever set in stone at FW and the new base sizes didn’t exist back then. Put simply, there is nothing to say definitively that they won’t use them and I feel they are the most appropriate base size when considering what they are. As said - chariot base is FAR too large, the base will be elongated because of the shape a bull centaur is and a cavalry base would be too small for what we’ve heard of the size of them (again, this is easily prone to change, but we all know FW likes to make things bigger anyway).

I’m not saying it’s fact, just a very likely plausible and possible outcome.

Far2Casual:

Then why not 40*60 ?

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat470008a&prodId=prod1260055a

Hashut’s Blessing:

Because the only thing to ever use that (beyond a rank/unit filler) is a night goblin special character :wink:

EDIT: also meant to point out - normal cavalry bases are bigger.