[Archive] Legion of Azgorh question?

blackwolf.scortch:

Hi all,

apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but couldn’t find with a quick look.

Haven’t picked up Tamurkhan yet and local store only has sealed copies on shelf, but I want to start putting an order together for WF. So would like to know (if forum rules allow) is there a list for the Legion with minimum unit size available? I don’t want rules/stats/etc, just a list of units and minimum size so i can start planning purchasing order (obviously with Tamurkhan as part of first order).

If this is against rules, sorry and admin please delete.

Thanks,

Nicodemus:

If you take a look through the Army List sub forum you can find some people’s Legion of Azgorh lists there…

For reference

18 Infernal Guard with Full Command will satisfy your 25% minimum Core in a 1000pt army… so that would be a place to start!

You could taken an Iron Daemon in a 1000pt army, so read up on it from the Army List and Strategy forums and see if it sounds like something that you’d like to play. I suggest looking at the Deathshriker Rocket Launcher and Magma Cannon, they’re both pretty good… if you really felt the need you could field two of each in a 1000pt army, but that would pretty much max out your Special choices.

As always, a Hellcannon is still a good choice too, and you probably already know the details about how it plays and its points cost - same points cost in LoA army lists.

Good luck and enjoy!!

~N

PS Welcome to the forum!

blackwolf.scortch:

Thanks for fast response Nicodemus.

Are hobgoblins the only greenskins still in the list? Which is okay, as I really like hobgobs personally, just have a lot of Orcs/BlOrcs, etc I could use if able in short term.

At the moment already have following actual CD in collection:

Astragoth, Great Taurus (original not finecast), 1 Bull Centaur, Tenderiser, Death Rocket and Hellcannon and BFSP to convert from.

Nicodemus:

Thanks for fast response Nicodemus.
Are hobgoblins the only greenskins still in the list? Which is okay, as I really like hobgobs personally, just have a lot of Orcs/BlOrcs, etc I could use if able in short term.
At the moment already have following actual CD in collection:
Astragoth, Great Taurus (original not finecast), 1 Bull Centaur, Tenderiser, Death Rocket and Hellcannon and BFSP to convert from.

blackwolf.scortch
Yes, Hobgoblins are the only Greenskins still in there - both Warriors with either HWs, two HWs, or bows, a Hobgoblin Hero (with wolf option) and Wolf Raiders as a Rare choice, with HWs, bows or spears.

You could still use Astragoth, your metal GT, BC. Your Tenderiser could make a good Iron Daemon with Skullcracker option, and the Deathrocket could count as a Deathshreiker Rocket... BFSP is still a good source for conversions. Xander's video for Hobgoblin conversions is still a good one!

~N

Time of Madness:

You should really pick up the book prior to placing an order with forge world especially if you are starting from scratch. It will give you a better idea of where you want to go with the army.

Also check out the army list forum for some ideas as there are lots of lists posted.

As Nico said you can’t go wrong with infernal guard with hand weapon shield. But maybe once you’ve taken a look through the book you will want to take another approach.

Time of Madness

blackwolf.scortch:

Time of Madness: Agree about getting ToC before deciding on full army, but was more after an idea of what I can salvage/attempt to comvert from existing supply. So to that end, would I be correct in assuming the following unit minimums are about right?

Infernal 10+

Hobgoblin foot 20+

Hobhound Cav (Wolf Raiders?) 5+

Bull Centaurs 3+

It’s mainly the cav and bulls I want to know so can chase bits to make up my shortfalls.

furrie:

Time of Madness: Agree about getting ToC before deciding on full army, but was more after an idea of what I can salvage/attempt to comvert from existing supply. So to that end, would I be correct in assuming the following unit minimums are about right?

Infernal 10+
Hobgoblin foot 20+
Hobhound Cav (Wolf Raiders?) 5+
Bull Centaurs 3+

It's mainly the cav and bulls I want to know so can chase bits to make up my shortfalls.

blackwolf.scortch
Those unit sizes are correct

blackwolf.scortch:

Thanks all for the assistance. Have just received permission from SWMBO to buy ToC so will be getting order together, converting and invading Montagar for the glory of Scortch!