[Archive] Legion of Azgorh wording error

Ugly Green Trog:

Ok its minor but a slightly careless oversight probably caused by the changing of a champions title during development but may cause confusion if not cleared up.

In the army list entry for Infernal guard the stats refer to a champion being called a deathmask and you can upgrade a dwarf to a deathmask in the options however the next line down refers to overseers being able to purchase naptha bombs and pistols now theoretically as there is no overseer in the unit these options cant be picked. Silly I know but it may be just the kind of thing TFG might pick up on so be wary.

Im always wary since after the WD Blood Angels codex came out an oponent told me I couldnt get a tactical squad out of my rhino because the idiot that wrote the list forgot to copy the embarkation points over from the codex space marines entry so the BA rhino had no embarkation/dissembarkation points.

Admiral:

Im always wary since after the WD Blood Angels codex came out an oponent told me I couldnt get a tactical squad out of my rhino because the idiot that wrote the list forgot to copy the embarkation points over from the codex space marines entry so the BA rhino had no embarkation/dissembarkation points.

Ugly Green Trog
You're kidding, right? Otherwise common sense most be decisively rarer than I thought.

Grimstonefire:

Actually, reading that page (p168) makes me think that they cut out basic warriors at the last minute…

If you changed Chaos Dwarf Crewman to Chaos Dwarf Warrior in the stats bit that whole page would make sense.  For those without the book all the fluff on that page is about Chaos Dwarf Warriors (which are NOT Infernals, incase anyone still thinks they are the same thing ;)).

It is clearly a typo, but also it’s interesting that there’s no such thing as an Overseer anywhere in the list as far as I can see.

Borin Sourfist:

‘Overseer’ sounds less like a champion of a unit of Chaos Dwarf Warriors and more like the guy in charge of a unit of slaves.

Seeing as the IG are all disgraced Chaos Dwarfs, perhaps ‘Overseer’ was going to be the champion’s title originally and there never was going to be a unit of regular CD warriors.

Grimstonefire:

It would have been nice if they’d included it as a champion type upgrade for the warmachines, which would also have made sense considering it comes under crewman.

Perhaps we could convince FW to include that in the inevitable errata in a year or two. It would be easier than getting them to put in warriors I imagine.

Thommy H:

The IG champion was called an Overseer in the experimental PDF rules. So that’s probably all it is.

Ugly Green Trog:

Ugly Green Trog
You're kidding, right? Otherwise common sense most be decisively rarer than I thought.

Admiral
Nah not kidding he was a complete tool though and I was winning so he didnt like it.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Regarding the rhino - don’t play that guy again. It’s a transport and uses the same rules as other rhinos (except speed), so he was beig a sore loser.

Regarding Overseer - it’ll mean the Deathmask, but interesting that here used to be an Overseer entry. Deathmask is a bit odd because they’re the nly ones without masks, lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Thommy H:

Yeah, don’t worry about it. The Wood Elf book uses the wrong terminology for Eternal Guard champions too (I think it refers to them as “Eternals” when they’re called “Guardians” in the profile - possible vice versa) and no one ever had any issues with that before it was Erratad.

shane foster:

Im just glad that with the people i play against have a bit of common sense

Ugly Green Trog:

Yeah I thought the maskless deathmask thing was funny too :slight_smile: