[Archive] Let me Paint your "Maritime" or "Naval" Figures...Please!

Blue in VT:

Alright guys…I got such a good response to my request for some LoTR figures to paint for the upcoming Lead Painters League over on the Lead Adventure Forum…That I thought I would see if anyone could help me out with another rounds figures.

The last Themed round for the competition has the following description:

Round 10, grand finale bonus theme: Maritime/Naval

The final bonus round covers Adventures on the Seven Seas, so basically, anything naval or maritime. This includes, but is not limited to, sailors and pirates, war fleets and merchant navies, creatures of the sea and divers, ships and fish �?" basically, anything with a decent connection to maritime adventures.

Paint a team of five or more miniatures with a recognizable connection to maritime adventures, and gain 10 bonus points.

Paint a team of five or more miniatures with a recognizable connection to maritime adventures, and include a second team of five or more miniatures portraying their opponents, and gain 20 bonus points.

So my question is does anyone have 10 figures…representing 2 factions… that would fit this description…that I can paint for you?  Like the last request, I will paint to your specifications as much as possible…take pictures of them for the competition…and return the pieces to you as soon as the competition is complete.

Some good ideas might include:

1. 2 Man o War Fleets of 5 vessels each

2. 2 Dystopian War Fleets

3. 5 Pirate Figures and 5 Royal Navy figures (fantasy Pirates or regular)

4. 5 Long Drong Slayers Dwarfs and 5 Sea Elves

6. 5 Navy Seals vs. 5 Somali Pirates

Those are the ideas that spring to mind at the moment but I am certainly open to other suggestions.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,

Blue

Taurian:

Jesus, dude, why don’t you just have me on speed dial.

What would you prefer? I have some old resin cogs and dragon ships from Merrimack miniatures (though it might take a few to find the crew of the dragon ships, and I have no idea how well those metal oars may have survived). I also have actual Zvezda models of ships, but they are as yet unassembled. These would be the Hansa Cog and the Thomas. I also have some plastic model kits of a couple longships and a trireme. The only thing I have which includes crew, though, is the dragonship. Oh yeah, I also have a model of one of Columbus’s ships–also unassembled. The resin ships don’t have much to them, and are little more than a basic resin body of the ship with a wooden dowel for a mast, while the plastic models have far greater detail.

PM me for more info.

Alright guys…I got such a good response to my request for some LoTR figures to paint for the upcoming Lead Painters League over on the Lead Adventure Forum…That I thought I would see if anyone could help me out with another rounds figures.

The last Themed round for the competition has the following description:

Round 10, grand finale bonus theme: Maritime/Naval

The final bonus round covers Adventures on the Seven Seas, so basically, anything naval or maritime. This includes, but is not limited to, sailors and pirates, war fleets and merchant navies, creatures of the sea and divers, ships and fish �?" basically, anything with a decent connection to maritime adventures.

Paint a team of five or more miniatures with a recognizable connection to maritime adventures, and gain 10 bonus points.

Paint a team of five or more miniatures with a recognizable connection to maritime adventures, and include a second team of five or more miniatures portraying their opponents, and gain 20 bonus points.

So my question is does anyone have 10 figures…representing 2 factions… that would fit this description…that I can paint for you?  Like the last request, I will paint to your specifications as much as possible…take pictures of them for the competition…and return the pieces to you as soon as the competition is complete.

Some good ideas might include:

1. 2 Man o War Fleets of 5 vessels each

2. 2 Dystopian War Fleets

3. 5 Pirate Figures and 5 Royal Navy figures (fantasy Pirates or regular)

4. 5 Long Drong Slayers Dwarfs and 5 Sea Elves

6. 5 Navy Seals vs. 5 Somali Pirates

Those are the ideas that spring to mind at the moment but I am certainly open to other suggestions.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,

Blue

Blue in VT

dncswlf:

And I have Man o War stuff if you end up going that route…

vulcanologist:

I could supply Black Scorpion Orcs and Goblins

Pyro Stick:

I have an unpainted chaos dwarf warfleet. They are 5 minis i think (battlebarge, 3 hull destroyers and a taurus). Ive got at least a 5 mini plaguefleet as well but thats painted.

hashuts lil helper:

I also have pretty much any fleet you could ask for in MOW unpainted. Hell, I’d even trade em too you for other painting services

Kera foehunter:

I have slayer pirates and a big ole metal ogre pirate

What are these elves ??? you talk about

Blue in VT:

Alright guys…thanks for all the wonderful offers of figures for this project…I wish I had time to paint some for all of you!

But I have decided to go with the Black Scorpion Pirates that Vulcanologist has offered.

Again thanks to all that got in touch with me.

Cheers,

Blue

vulcanologist:

Glad to be of help Blue! I’ll post them off to you today!

For anyone that’s interested Black Scorpion are currently switching to resin and are selling off their remaining metal stocks for £1 each!