[Archive] LF 2500 list High melee

Loidrial:

As the title says, i’m looking for a high melee list for 2.5k

I had the chance to play the hight fire one with 2 HC 2 rockets and 2 magma but i didnt really like it, too boring to play like that.

So this was my question, what is a good combination for a melee list?

I would love to use a taurus/lammasu  (i dont think they will like to use special characters) lots of bulls and kdaii fireborn n destroyer.

any advice on it?

Maybe even a train (but is the only warmachine i dont own)

Something like prophet on taurus

2 tauruk

5 + 5 bulls

6 fireborn

1 destroyer

25 fireglaive

25 IG

or whatever, i have no idea what and why can be good for this kind of list.

ESPECIALLY the items

Miasma:

Morning, not sure if this is quite what you’re after but this is what I am planning on playing at my next couple of Tournaments (agreement in place not to use 9th until after the 28th August Tournament that is planned) I do play under Swedish Comp system so there maybe some less than optimal choices below to keep my score in the 9-12 bracket, however I hope that it gives you some idea’s of how you can run a list such as this.

Total Roster Cost: 2400 (Swedish Comp Score 9.3)

Sorcerer Prophet �?" 610 pts (-56)

Level 4, Lore of Hashut, Black Hammer of Hashut, Charmed Shield, Talisman of Preservation, Bale Taurus

Infernal Castellan �?" 197 pts (-22)

Battle Standard Bearer, Shield, The Mask of the Furnace

Bull Centaur Taur�?Truk �?" 235 pts (-37)

Great Weapon, Blackshard Armour, Dragonhelm, Crown of Command, Luckstone

Daemonsmith Sorcerer �?" 145 pts (-30)

Level 1, Lore of Metal, Chalice of Blood and Darkness

Hobgoblin Khan �?" 58 pts (-4)

Wolf, Light Armour, Spear

Hobgoblin Khan �?" 58 pts (-6)

30 Infernal Guard �?" 617 pts (-17)

Blunderbuss, Full Command, Razor Standard

5 Bull Centaur Renders �?" 280 pts (-11)

Great Weapon, Full Command, Gleaming Pennant

Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher �?" 100 pts (-10)

12 Warmachine Points (-4)

My list is built around two Stubborn Combat Blocks (Infernal Guard and the Bull Centuars) both of which are stubborn due to the Characters within the unit.

I protect my Centaur Hero by keeping him in the 2nd rank of the until I need him to move into the front ranks, doing so means that he losses one of his attacks but the unit remains stubborn for longer.

By BSB is protected by being on the far corner of my Blunderbuss unit, this unit does not get into combat much but dictates how my opponent plays as very few people wish to take a Stand and Shoot reaction from this unit, the most that they tend to kill is an eagle or two but the unit is a fantastic area denial unit.

I decided that after a few games with a Bale Taurus Level 4 I may as well throw the Black Hammer on Him and use him to gain Flank/Rear Charges of Combats as the Lore of Hashut/Death is fairly short ranged he rarely stays out of combat anyway.

The Hobgoblin Khans are included in an attempt to chaff my opponents important units/frenzied troops, the Death Rockets are included for two methods of fire and the ability to reduce the numbers in hordes as well as providing high strength ranged weapons with which I can attempt to deal with tough targets.

The Level 1 usually hangs back with these two warmachines to grant them re rolls and fling Fireballs around (unless he gains a spell that can heal the Taurus in which case he does that) also having the Chalice in the back of the table is great for controlling the magic phase as it makes it difficult for my opponent to get to him plus being close to the warmachines gives him a nice LOS save.

Loidrial:

Miasma
Hi there, thx for the answer, unfortunatly it wasnt what I had in mind. Good to know tho, because to my local store they play 2.5k tournaments with swedish so i might take a better look at your list in the future. (how do you deploy? and what fomation do you use for the 30 blunderbusses?)

My because I want to try a melee list I was looking for some action like:

Lord on bull
Bulls+tauruk
fireborn and destroyer
IG with blunderbuss or fireglaive
train
and 2 rockets because god they are so helpful with the double fire profile.

My biggest problem is that i dont know all the items to give to the heroes, and even with the list under my eyes, some many "too good to be true" combo/options etc will go unnoticed by me

Miasma:

I’ll see if I can find my typical deployment picture when I get home tonight, essentially I play with a refused flank.

I place my Centaurs roughly 3" from the table edge (32 command in front rank, hero in 2nd), the BSB joins the Infernal Guard (deployed 103 +1) roughly 3" away from this unit with both Khans deployed close to this units flanks. The Warmachines and Sorcerers are deployed as far into the corner as I can get with the Taurus Rider sitting behind the Rocket Launchers (for 1st turn warmachine protection).

Have a look at the below, I have not managed to get a Taurus in the list but it should do ok depending on your play style

Total Roster Cost: 2500 (Swedish Comp Score 11.3)

Sorcerer Prophet �?" 400 pts (-38)

Level 4, Lore of Hashut, Charmed Shield, Talisman of Preservation, Arabian Carpet

Infernal Castellan �?" 197 pts (-22)

Battle Standard Bearer, Shield, The Mask of the Furnace

Bull Centaur Taur�?Truk �?" 235 pts (-37)

Great Weapon, Blackshard Armour, Dragonhelm, Crown of Command, Luckstone

Hobgoblin Khan �?" 58 pts (-4)

Hobgoblin Khan �?" 58 pts (-6)

25 Infernal Guard �?" 365 pts (-12)

Musician, Standard Bearer, Razor Standard

15 Infernal Guard �?" 292 pts (-5)

Fireglaive, Full Command, Naptha Bombs

5 Bull Centaur Renders �?" 280 pts (-11)

Great Weapon, Full Command, Gleaming Pennant

Iron Daemon Warmachine �?" 310 pts (-14)

Hellbound

Hellcannon �?" 210 pts (-20)

15 Warmachine Points (-8)

The Carpet Riding Level 4 is so that you can provide re rolls to the Deathshrieker and Hellcannon in the first few turns, also has the ability to quickly relocate if your opponent manages to get behind your lines and threaten him within the artillery park, I would move forward with the Hellcannon keeping the Level 4 as close to this as possible to gain as much cover save and try and dissuade players from taking shots at him with cannons (although he is a lovely amount of victory points for Chameleon Skinks so be careful!)

I would deploy as close to the edge as possible like this (hope that this post keeps the formatting)

Centaurs–Hellcannon–IG(HWS)–IG(Fir)–IDWM–Khan–Khan

Rocket-----Level 4

After a couple of turns (turn 2-3) I would like the battle line to look more like this

Centaurs-------------------------------------------Khan–Khan

-----------Hellcannon--------------------------------------------

--------------------------------IG(HWS)–IG(fire)---------------

-----------Level 4------------------------------IDWM------------

Rocket

You should have the Khans and Centaurs engaging opponent units and/or being a nuisance and march blocking, making enemies wheel to keep them in their front arc. The Hellcannon should be almost within charge range with the IG in a position to assist with a flank charge, the other IG unit (with Glaves) should be in a similar situation supporting with the Iron Daemon. With the Iron Daemon use the random 2D6 movement so that the opponent does not get a charge reaction (you also lose the +1 CR for not charging but it will stay there for a long while and allow the IG to get a flank charge off on the unit attacking it, or more importantly keep a enemy unit of the Iron Daemons Flank

Hope that helps some