[Archive] Lining up 5th eds!?

MadHatter:

Greetings fellow Big-Hat fanatics,

I’m currently painting up my first axemen + command and I’m wondering how to line them up? The models do not line up when using the bases they came with so… should I rebase them to a bigger size because this simply wont work…

Best reg,

MH

Bloodbeard:

Wigglewigglewiggle.

You need to number the bases, so everyone has a specific place.

Cut the little plastic rim off and glue to bases in different angles. Also cut off some of the axes, so they point in different angles.

Start from one side and work one model and rank at a time.

MadHatter:

Wigglewigglewiggle.

You need to number the bases, so everyone has a specific place.

Cut the little plastic rim off and glue to bases in different angles. Also cut off some of the axes, so they point in different angles.

Start from one side and work one model and rank at a time.

Bloodbeard
Wigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle yeah!

Haha good they're 14p each! Thanks :)

Malorndk:

Take a look at Skinks army blog (Chaos Dwarf Spaghetti) He has an entire unit of 30 plastic axemen, which he prepped like Bloodbeard suggested. Its possible, but will take time. Paint letters and numbers under the bases to remember the formation:

a1  b1  c1  d1  e1  = Front rank

a2  b2  c2  d2  e2

a3  b3  c3  d3  e3

a4  b4  c4  d4  e4

and so forth

Thommy H:

Put them on diagonal bases. They look a bit odd standing at a slight angle, but they rank up fine.

MadHatter:

Thanks alot guys, I think for me I’ll just put them on diagonal bases then! I don’t mind the slight oddity, actually adds character when looking at pictures… Looks boardgame!

I love skinks blog btw, one of the big ones!

Zanthrax:

The other option is to have them glued onto rocks/ rubble at diff heights. I find this does give a bit more flexibility and looks cool to.

It may not give as much flexibility with the mono pose plastics but worked a treat for my second rank of blunderbuss who did not want to rank up behind those in the first rank.

Abecedar:

One of the members from bygone days heated the axe hafts carefully and turned them to make them rank up facing forward. If i can find my reference pics Ill post it for you.

I’ve put mine on diagonal bases

furrie:

mine are all on diagonal bases, but I still have some problems with one of the models on the second rank, because of the champion’s sword.

Skink:

One of the members from bygone days heated the axe hafts carefully and turned them to make them rank up facing forward. If i can find my reference pics Ill post it for you.

I've put mine on diagonal bases

Abecedar
Here you go :).