[Archive] Liquid greenstuff?!

inkpwn:

Picked this up in my local fabulous gameing store= http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm20 … 111034.jpg

Havnt used it before but is this a pre exisiting product and if so is it any good?

warh:

its for filling up all the misscasted finecast models.

so its basically "pay another 2.30 £ for the models you allready paid more for x.x

and it looks like they will stop selling normal green stuff.

also i’m not surprised that they sell this “flash brush” for 8.20 £ that just look like a normal metal brush :~
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat470003a&prodId=prod1380022a

Grimstonefire:

I’m definitely going to pick up some of that. I really could have done with it for my golden daemon model. Often I end up filling in tiny cracks with paint. Which takes ages as you can imagine.

GRNDL:

Its basically a liquid contour putty - like Squadron Green. If you’ve got small holes and cracks you can use cyanoacrylate glue instead.

snowblizz:

I'm definitely going to pick up some of that.  I really could have done with it for my golden daemon model.  Often I end up filling in tiny cracks with paint.  Which takes ages as you can imagine.

Grimstonefire
Just as a note you could already have bought similar stuff and cheaper if ya wanted.
No, I had never heard of anything like this before either but it was brought up in a similar thread on TWF.
http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/index.php?act=pro&pre=val_hob_mcl_max_111_010

I can't see how "Liquid Greenstuff", which BTW is a totally misleading name can replace traditional modelling putty. There's no way you can use that to sculpt a miniature.

Groznit Goregut:

You don’t use it to sculpt a mini by itself, but you use for a myriad of small, but important tasks. It can be used to smooth out finger print smudges that you didn’t clear off your regular green stuff. It can be used to hide mold lines maybe a bit easier than regular green stuff. I can see wiping that out and a brush instead of pulling the putty bits and mixing it…especially if you just need to do a little bit. What if you did some conversions, but maybe something didn’t set right and a little something is exposed? Just a little of the liquid stuff could get it just right!

I made some resin molds of my conversions and some of them have air bubbles. This stuff will be easier to deal with than regular green stuff.

I think it’s brilliant and saying it’s just used to fix finecast minis that they messed up is just being a GW basher without actually thinking of applicable uses. I’m also sure some of you guys (and gals) have wicked green stuff skills and use the stuff often enough that it’s not a big deal, but I don’t. For me, it will be incredibly easier to use this liquid stuff for the odd off or tricky stuff.

G.2:

I can think of another use for such a liquid product. I have wanted to build various card models, ie mecha, subs, tanks etc…and I wanted to “harden” them somehow. Now I think I have a product that will do what I need it to. But I may need to do so more research on this product.

Update: This product is not what I was after, it appears to be paint with some sort of “filler” added. Good for what it is intended for, but not what I want it for.

inkpwn:

Used the stuff to fill the gaps on a kroxigor,very good. I’m going to pick up the vajelo putty in the future to see if its better. For the moment though I will say that this is a easy to use and gets decent results.

DAGabriel:

Has anyone tried liquid greenstuff to stabilize paper? Thought about making a banner from thin paper/tissue paper, bring it into shape and soak it into it. Tried to use superglue, but it is a hell of a mess.

khedyarl:

Try hair-spray on the paper initially, DAGabriel. It gives a bit of heft to it and keeps it holding together. Spray it a few times, then, when everythings dry, try a light coat of watered down PVC glue.

CopperPot:

Hair spray:o might have to give it a try
what will the missis say.

Da Crusha:

does anybody know about storing precautions with liquid greenstuff? I keep all of my modelling tools in my car and this product has me a bit worried about doing that. my paints are also stored in my car and Ive never really had a problem with those though. the heat is what worries me.

DAGabriel:

does anybody know about storing precautions with liquid greenstuff? I keep all of my modelling tools in my car and this product has me a bit worried about doing that. my paints are also stored in my car and Ive never really had a problem with those though. the heat is what worries me.

Da Crusha
No, asked about it but doesn`t seem to be a problem. Be happy that you live where freezing isn`t the biggest problem!
:cheers

Kera foehunter:

I think it sucks !! and way to messy …this was a big disappointment to me.

I threw it away.

Tom The Cruel:

I have to admit it is a good little product but I tend to use plastic putty more from Vellajo (sp?)

Both are good but plastic putty I find more workable my friend

TTC

:idea