[Archive] Living siege engine?

Grimstonefire:

Something I was thinking earlier whilst looking at the stegadon, would something like this, perhaps a HUGE daemonic taurus engine thing with a howdah or gun etc on it’s back be something you guys could see the CD using?

It could fit into the steam wagon armoured convoy theme quite nicely I think.

Something this sort of size:

Thommy H:

So…kind of like the Hellcannon then?

Grimstonefire:

Not exactly no.  Something that is primarily a monster (not in the rules sense of the word), possibly with a cannon of some sort or just a howdah full of CD.

Basically like a giant great taurus without wings.

Hashut’s Blessing:

De-orcify the top “howdah” part of that and whack it on the Chaos Mammoth, et voila :wink:

Tarrakk Blackhand:

That makes me think of the Dewbacks from Star Wars (1977)…but more 40K-ish!

Chaosftw:

A great model and it would serve the purpose well. However if I were going big like this model shown I think there would be much better looking options at half the price :).

Galladorn:

Chaos Dwarves using large animals/reptiles doesn’t really make sense though.  Daemonically posessed warmachines is more their style.  Bind enough daemons to an immense self propelled

Grimstonefire:

Ironically I wasn’t actually meaning that specific model :wink: I just picked it as an example of the size. But yes, the model would be pretty much what I am trying to describe.

Ishkur’s model is another excellant example

Thommy H:

But isn’t that a machine like a Daemonic Engine? I’m not saying it’s a bad idea, just that it’s already a pretty established idea around here, isn’t it?

Grimstonefire:

The idea has been around a while, yes, but afaik only Ishkur has a model that looks like a living siege engine and off the top of my head I can’t think of any fanlist that has anything that big (written primarily for combat).

He entered it in a ‘warmachine’ contest, so I guess we can call it a machine rather than a daemonic metal monster.

Perhaps a better question to ask would be whether people here would want to have such a creature in a CD list?

Thommy H:

off the top of my head I can't think of any fanlist that has anything that big (written primarily for combat).
My book uses that exact picture as an example of a Daemonic Engine.

Chaosftw:

This is what the Chaos Dwarfs Need!

Galladorn:

That is real nice…The gears are turning now.

CheTralfara:

Remember this guy that I was working on a while back!?

He’s been smashed! I’m going to have to put it back together one day.

Here’s the thread with more pics: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4712