[Archive] LoA 2.4k SCGT

Rageaholic:

I think I’ve managed to come up with something I am happy with. Feedback and comments still much appreciated though.
I’ve looked at a few different options, I want to keep the K’daii and I think I need to keep the hellcannon as the only S10 shooting. I may drop a magma cannon to fit in a daemonsmith, but it will need playtesting to decide on the best option I think.

The comp is up to 4 points from this list (each selection counts as 1 point) and max 450 points for each unit:
K’daii Destroyer
Hellcannon
Lore of Hashut
Each deamonsmith after the first
Magma cannon
Death Shreiker

2400 Pts - Chaos Dwarfs Roster

Total Roster Cost: 2399

Sorcerer-Prophet (400 pts)
   1 Sorcerer-Prophet Level 4 Upgrade Metal
      Enchanted Shield
      Chalice of Blood and Darkness
      Talisman of Preservation
Dark Castellean (200 pts)
     (Battle Standard Bearer)
     The Mask of the Furnace
     Great Weapon

Hobgoblin Khan (61 pts)
   Wolf, Light Armour, Shield
Warrior Bane

Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard (395 pts)
   29 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard, FC
      Lichebone Pennant

Hobgoblin Cutthroats
20 Hobgoblin Cutthroats
Bows, Music

Hobgoblin Cutthroats
20 Hobgoblin Cutthroats
Bows, Music

Bull Centaurs Renders (165 pts)
   3 Bull Centaurs Renders
Great Weapons, music, standard

Bull Centaurs Renders (150 pts)
   3 Bull Centaurs Renders
Shields, music, standard

K’daai Destroyer (325 pts)

Chaos Dwarf Magma Cannon (145 pts)

Chaos Dwarf Magma Cannon (145 pts)

Hellcannon (205 pts)

Blackspine:

I’d say if you’re going to go shooting with the IG, go Blunderbusses.

drop the hobgoblins and go with them.

Otherwise, I’d make them GW’s, save some points and horde them up. Esp w lore of metal. Good chance of Glittering robes & Ench. Blades.

2 magma cannons should take care of most shooting, and hellcannon can back him up.

looks fun.

Da Crusha:

where is scgt?

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Rageaholic:

Not sure I’m following you Blackspine. You mean take a big unit of blunderbusses? I would have liked to but the comp means a unit of 23 which is cutting it a bit fine to stay over 20. (max 450 point units)

I could switch to 28 with GW and either 11 with fireglaives or 15 sword and board.

Does that seem like a better option ? I’m just worried about the lack of bodies.

SCGT is the UK South Coast Grand Tournament. It’s in Portsmouth in April.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

He might mean the Southern California Grand Tournament (AKA Kingdom Con, AKA Broadside Bash) down here in San Diego?

Blackspine:

thought Broad side bash got upped to 2500?

South carolina?

Syneri:

He means for the South Coast Grand Tournament held in Portsmouth, here in the UK.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

thought Broad side bash got upped to 2500?

South carolina?

Blackspine
It did - good catch! Scenarios went up for the next one btw!!

Kamphre:

This list is wrong, you need a sorcerer lvl 2 to add a Destroyer in your list.

frogbear:

This list is wrong, you need a sorcerer lvl 2 to add a Destroyer in your list.

Kamphre
Daemonsmith as in the special rule i believe it is, otherwise the requirement would include the word 'sorcerer'.

Only a SP can make a destroyer as per fluff so it would be strange if u required a lvl2.

Kamphre:

Sorry about the mispelling, I couldn’t remind the right name for him.
The “lvl 2” is also wrong, it was in opposition to a sorcer (lvl 3-4), to talk about a hero.

The fact is that you need a Daemonsmith sorcerer (whatever his magic level) to add a K’daai Destroyer.

Blackspine:

Sorry about the mispelling, I couldn't remind the right name for him.
The "lvl 2" is also wrong, it was in opposition to a sorcer (lvl 3-4), to talk about a hero.

The fact is that you need a Daemonsmith sorcerer (whatever his magic level) to add a K'daai Destroyer.

Kamphre
I thought that the SP had the infernal engineer rule which allowed the KD.
hrm.

(pdf found)

the SP has the Demonsmith rule, so the KD should be allowed

Kamphre:

Sorry about the mispelling, I couldn't remind the right name for him.
The "lvl 2" is also wrong, it was in opposition to a sorcer (lvl 3-4), to talk about a hero.

The fact is that you need a Daemonsmith sorcerer (whatever his magic level) to add a K'daai Destroyer.

Kamphre
I thought that the SP had the infernal engineer rule which allowed the KD.
hrm.

Blackspine
Ok, forget what I wrote before, I know what I read wrong:
The Destroyer needs a Daemonsmith to be added ; The hero is called Daemonsmith sorcerer ; I thought it was him who was compulsory.
In fact, both hero (Daemonsmith sorcerer) and lord (Sorcerer prophet) have a special rule also called "Daemonsmith"... And this is the one needed for the Destroyer, so all my apologies for this mistake, I'll check twice before posting.

Back to topic! x.x

frogbear:

Rageaholic

The list looks quite competitive. If that is what you want, then you have achieved that.

I am not sure if you care about making friends though as the below options (together) I do not think are going to get you anything but grumbling, hateful stares and uninteresting games:

K’daai Destroyer
2x Chaos Dwarf Magma Cannon
Hellcannon

It really is the ‘collection of doom’ (IMO).

If you do not care about that, then fine. Otherwise I would look at changing the list.

Rageaholic:

It’s not intended to be a fun list. It’s for a tournament where there will be 168 players and I expect a pretty good standard of play.

Rageaholic:

List updated. I am pretty happy with it now considering the limitations of the comp.

Baggronor:

I am not sure if you care about making friends though as the below options (together) I do not think are going to get you anything but grumbling, hateful stares and uninteresting games:
I don't see any problem with them, especially not in a UK tournament. Some of the filth over here is seriously outlandish.

I would drop the BCs, or at least put them in one unit. Try and get a second Khan on wolf too.