[Archive] (LOA) 2400 competitive list

Luke_barnes:

Im new to dwarfs of any kind I’m a skaven player. So I’m guessing this will be terrible. Feel free to rip it apart. I’d rather that than go in my

Converting spree and find out I have a ton of useless models.

The list isn’t complete. I have 99 points to spend on items and banners…

Lords+Heros:

Sorcerer prophet lvl3

Lvl1 daemon smith

Bsb

Core

30 hand weapon/shield dwarfs with command

25 great weapon dwarfs with command

Special

2x magma cannon

1x rocket launcher

5 bull centaurs with shields and command

20 ironsworn with command

That’s 2301 points so 99 to spend on goodies. Should I drop a bull centaur for an extra 45 points spare? Or drop the cannon for more items/guys?

Any additions are welcome. Wolf riders? Fireborn?

100% open.

Thanks in advance

MLP:

Im new to dwarfs of any kind I'm a skaven player. So I'm guessing this will be terrible. Feel free to rip it apart. I'd rather that than go in my
Converting spree and find out I have a ton of useless models.

The list isn't complete. I have 99 points to spend on items and banners...

Lords+Heros:
Sorcerer prophet lvl3
Lvl1 daemon smith
Bsb

Core
30 hand weapon/shield dwarfs with command
25 great weapon dwarfs with command

Special
2x magma cannon
1x rocket launcher
5 bull centaurs with shields and command
20 ironsworn with command

That's 2301 points so 99 to spend on goodies. Should I drop a bull centaur for an extra 45 points spare? Or drop the cannon for more items/guys?

Any additions are welcome. Wolf riders? Fireborn?
100% open.
Thanks in advance

Luke_barnes
My first thoughts are that you may struggle with only a lv3 and lv1 with no extra magic defence. Also that none of your characters have extra defence.

I'd drop the extra bull centaur as 4 can do what 5 can.

I like ironsworn in my lists but 20 may be too small in a list this size. Saying that you have 3 blocks which should be pretty hard to shift if used well.

Bassman:

I would upgrade the prophet to level IV and give a dispel scroll to the Demonsmith.

How are you going to equip them?

I’d swap one magma cannon for another rocket. I found 2 rockets and one magma as the perfect combo :wink:

Luke_barnes:

So if I drop a bull and swap magma cannon for a normal cannon, I shoul spend the points on magic and some extra magic resistance?

Luke_barnes:

Also as I’ll have an few extra forgeworld dwarfs I can bump the ironsworn as 23.

Forgeworld are ironsworn normal guys are conversions you see.

Bassman:

You definitely should give the prophet and the bsb castellan some protective gear. They MUST survive :wink:

Here is a very good thread about equipping LoA characters:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10161