[Archive] [LoA] Hero only lists

MLP:

Really like your list discoking, you don’t see Wolf Raiders in enough lists! But I think Metro_Gnome is right about the general, you’re losing out wherever you place him(unless your whole army hangs around by your warmachines!). That Taur’uk is just too expensive, to fit another Daemonsmith in you’d have to drop a load of magic items. Maybe drop the Trickster’s Shard, swap Mask for something and a level to get another level 1 demonsmith to babysit the war machines.

maded12:

Something to keep in mind:

The tauruk can’t be the general…

Samanos:

he has 2 other heroes in his list so it shouldnt be a problem.

metro_gnome:

Something to keep in mind:

The tauruk can't be the general...

maded12
yes... that has been the challenge of the thread...
he has 2 other heroes in his list so it shouldnt be a problem.

Samanos
but only one of them can be the general... and I'm not sure he noticed that...

Discoking:

I thought it obvious that the Daemonsmith was the General…

& I already recognize the undefensive build he has.

This was just a little play around I had. Feel free to tweek it (or ignore it!) Lol.

metro_gnome:

ok… but where did you expect him to go?.. I think a smith general list must be built without hobgoblins…

or machines (but that would be silly)… even with 2 smiths I would have them both hang out with the machines…

as for defensive build… this is about as defensive as I’d go…

I thought it was a dig about how fragile the chalice smith was…

curse you internetz and your lack of sarcasm detection!

MLP:

I agree, without a front line general Hobgoblins will be all over the place. Also Daemonsmiths do their job best next to the warmachines.

As we know, the Taur’uk can’t be General. But he does give us an general-like combat character. As you pretty much have to have a BSB these days this leaves you only two choices:

Your Daemonsmith is your general. He hangs about by warmachines doing his thing and troops don’t need his leadership anyway(except Hobgobs). An option could be to have a second Daemonsmith as General in a block but he’ll most likely be the first to die!

You have a second Castellan as General. Will work well if you have two blocks so they’re both Stubborn but you’ll be unlikely to be able to field a decent Taur’uk for the points.

I think if you don’t have the Taur’uk going for two Castellans is a good option. Otherwise you’ll be seriously lacking in combat.