[Archive] LoA official?

brotsorrow:

Hey guys,
I hate to ask such a mundane question, but where in Tamurkhan: The Throne of Chaos does it say that the LoA list is official? I have the book beside me but have not finished reading it thoroughly and couldn’t find the statement while skimming.
Ok, and i write my last exam (statistics :frowning: ) of this semester tomorrow therefore i cannot afford the time to sit down and spend an all nighter to finish reading it.

a dozen of my finest slaves to those that can help me prove i can use this army at my local shop

Da Crusha:

its says on page 105 in the tamurkhan. wait a minute!?! swindler! you only have 4 slaves. Ill send over a raiding party to steal all of your slaves sometime in the future.

Baggronor:

a dozen of my finest slaves to those that can help me prove i can use this army at my local shop
Is it a GW store? I would have thought they'd let you?

furrie:

Hey guys,
I hate to ask such a mundane question, but where in Tamurkhan: The Throne of Chaos does it say that the LoA list is official? I have the book beside me but have not finished reading it thoroughly and couldn't find the statement while skimming.
Ok, and i write my last exam (statistics :( ) of this semester tomorrow therefore i cannot afford the time to sit down and spend an all nighter to finish reading it.

brotsorrow
It depends on the tournament and your game group.

Da Crusha:

Aww! I need my slaves! how are demons supposed to be properly summoned and enslaved within their iron tombs when I am so short handed!
snaps whip. Hobgoblins are on double duty tonight!

brotsorrow:

I am soo sorry. I just found out that slaves are an actual currency on this forum … I am a little embarrassed to have offered before i understood that it is not just a phrase (on Bugman’s posters usually offer beers for great posts)

Thanks for the posts though everyone

brotsorrow:

it was actually a friend i used to play WHF with and he was skeptical of me using CDs. I know he was bitter constantly losing to Dwarfs and i think he’s nervous about getting back into it and getting spanked by Dwarven kin

Da Crusha:

I am soo sorry. I just found out that slaves are an actual currency on this forum ....... I am a little embarrassed to have offered before i understood that it is not just a phrase (on Bugman's posters usually offer beers for great posts)

brotsorrow
:| argh, fortunately for your future, your lord, hashut's blessing has offered me slaves in your stead. now my k'daai warriors are nearly complete. hobgoblins are not off the hook though.

:P

brotsorrow:

lol, thanks Da Crusha, I am in your debt.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Technically, you are in my debt, lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: We’ll let you off this time - but be prepared to go fight for me whenever I choose.

Regarding officiality - you can play it without permission, like any army book. However, tournaments always decide what lists will be used and your opponent always has the option of not playing you. Been discussed a few times :wink:

brotsorrow:

oh boy… my credit rating is crashing already :stuck_out_tongue:

I just want to be prepared incase someone claims that the LoA rules are not “official” . These are friends so they are just giving me a go, but i can now point out to them the difference between where FW states these are unofficial rules" and “official rules”.

tvandyke:

oh boy...... my credit rating is crashing already :p  

I just want to be prepared incase someone claims that the LoA rules are not "official" . These are friends so they are just giving me a go, but i can now point out to them the difference between where FW states these are unofficial rules" and "official rules".

brotsorrow
Just point out the little quotation on page 105 that states that the Legion of Azgorh list should be considered an official army list for Warhammer and that the book is a Games Workshop published book. Despite that, some will still say none of that matters and Forgeworld books aren't official (even though this is the only Forgeworld list that they've gone out of their way to say is official). We still have one of our local store owners that won't allow it in his local tournaments because he thinks the book is cost prohibitive even though the days of everyone owning every army book passed a long time ago.

brotsorrow:

Thanks, and thats a horrible reason to not allow an army… cost prohibitive is the cost for a box of storm vermin or clanrats…

brotsorrow:

Hey guys,
I hate to ask such a mundane question, but where in Tamurkhan: The Throne of Chaos does it say that the LoA list is official? I have the book beside me but have not finished reading it thoroughly and couldn’t find the statement while skimming.
Ok, and i write my last exam (statistics :frowning: ) of this semester tomorrow therefore i cannot afford the time to sit down and spend an all nighter to finish reading it.

Da Crusha:

its says on page 105 in the tamurkhan. wait a minute!?! swindler! you only have 4 slaves. Ill send over a raiding party to steal all of your slaves sometime in the future.

Baggronor:

Is it a GW store? I would have thought they'd let you?

furrie:

Hey guys,
I hate to ask such a mundane question, but where in Tamurkhan: The Throne of Chaos does it say that the LoA list is official? I have the book beside me but have not finished reading it thoroughly and couldn't find the statement while skimming.
Ok, and i write my last exam (statistics :( ) of this semester tomorrow therefore i cannot afford the time to sit down and spend an all nighter to finish reading it.

brotsorrow
It depends on the tournament and your game group.

Da Crusha:

Aww! I need my slaves! how are demons supposed to be properly summoned and enslaved within their iron tombs when I am so short handed!
snaps whip. Hobgoblins are on double duty tonight!

brotsorrow:

I am soo sorry. I just found out that slaves are an actual currency on this forum … I am a little embarrassed to have offered before i understood that it is not just a phrase (on Bugman’s posters usually offer beers for great posts)

brotsorrow:

it was actually a friend i used to play WHF with and he was skeptical of me using CDs. I know he was bitter constantly losing to Dwarfs and i think he’s nervous about getting back into it and getting spanked by Dwarven kin