[Archive] LoA on armybuilder?

Da Crusha:

does anybody know if the legion of azgorgh chaos dwarf army is on army builder yet?

Nebuchandnezzar:

not that i know of, i think they have plans to do so but they havn’t been implimented yet

JMR:

It’s been available for version 2.2c for a few months now. You can find it in the Arromanche Yahoo group.

tvandyke:

It's been available for version 2.2c for a few months now. You can find it in the Arromanche Yahoo group.

JMR
I use version 2.2c as well and have been using LOA with it for months. I thought someone from this site was working on LOA for version 3.

Time of Madness:

Also been on Army builder 3 for months, almost since the release.

I worked with Ed on it.

Time of Madness

KramDratta:

@Time Of Madness: Don’t know if this is the correct place to report this, but in the latest versions the Sorceror Prophet cannot be equipped with the Black Hammer of Hashut (don’t know if this was so before).

KramDratta:

@Time Of Madness: Don’t know if this is the correct place to report this, but in the latest versions the Sorceror Prophet cannot be equipped with the Black Hammer of Hashut (don’t know if this was so before).

Nicodemus:

I realize I’m dredging this up from the not-so-distant past… but I’ve got some questions and thought it would be useful to keep it under the same thread:

1) Has anyone been making use of Army Builder for making LoA lists? I’ve tried out the demo of the latest version, it seems pretty good so far (allbeit with the handicapped 3-units-in-a-list-maxumum).

2) Is it worth purchasing? Right now I just use Excel with a bunch of formula fields for adding things up and checking that core is >=25%, etc. I’m thinking of going splits on it with a friend, seeing as there’s two licenses/purchase.

3) Also, does anyone know what to do to fix the .ab files if there’s a problem with what it’s doing? I tried adding a unit of Hobgoblin Cutthroats, which worked fine - it put in the minimum 20 models/unit. However, when I chose to upgrade one to a Murderboss (Champion) it sets the unit size to 21 and won’t let me bring the minimum back down to 20.

Thanks for any suggestions and advice!!

~N

cornixt:

There are so many free army builders now that I wouldn’t bother with paying for one. I even built a few myself!

Battlescribe is completely portable across many platforms, Quartermaster is used a lot.

MLP:

I use quartermast all the time on my iPhone and it’s brilliant. Especially if you have a wireless printer you can send armylists to print out ready for battle. It’s really easy to use and the templates are all readily downloadable for fantasy and 40k.

RichardC1967:

@Time Of Madness: Don't know if this is the correct place to report this, but in the latest versions the Sorceror Prophet cannot be equipped with the Black Hammer of Hashut (don't know if this was so before).

KramDratta
you are correct, I'm the one that brought this up on the Wolf Lair forum, there were a few minor bugs with certain magic items, not sure if its been fixed, but otherwise its up and running

brotsorrow:

I realize I'm dredging this up from the not-so-distant past... but I've got some questions and thought it would be useful to keep it under the same thread:

1) Has anyone been making use of Army Builder for making LoA lists? I've tried out the demo of the latest version, it seems pretty good so far (allbeit with the handicapped 3-units-in-a-list-maxumum).

2) Is it worth purchasing? Right now I just use Excel with a bunch of formula fields for adding things up and checking that core is >=25%, etc. I'm thinking of going splits on it with a friend, seeing as there's two licenses/purchase.

3) Also, does anyone know what to do to fix the .ab files if there's a problem with what it's doing? I tried adding a unit of Hobgoblin Cutthroats, which worked fine - it put in the minimum 20 models/unit. However, when I chose to upgrade one to a Murderboss (Champion) it sets the unit size to 21 and won't let me bring the minimum back down to 20.

Thanks for any suggestions and advice!!
~N

Nicodemus
I love army builder. I use the 2.2 version and have never really tried any of the other roster building programs.

I just tried the cutthroats and do not have that issue of the unit changing size by adding a murderboss. Maybe its been changed?

frogbear:

I use 2.2c as well

Only issuie is finding a way to port it to another PC without it thinking that it is a trial version again :frowning:

Discoking:

I use BattleScribe, easy to use/view, and also to edit,

(in order to make your own or change a current roster due to an FAQ).

I do have Armybuilder too, but I find it a bit dated visually, and its slow to update. & if there’s special comp at a tourny/house rules,

for e.g. All BSB heroes can use equipment normally available to their type.

ArmyBuilder will not allow this.

Vogon:

I have battlescribe on my android phone and built the data file myself. I have not updated the rules in accordance with the latest FAQ changing the Blazing Body Special Rule but as this does not affect the points value I’m not too worried. It’s great for pick up games when you decide a points value there and then.

I still use Armybuilder 2.2 on my desktop PC as I like the format it prints out in and tend to use it more often when I have a game arranged and the points value is a known variable. Then I can print off a list before going.

Cheers

Vogon

rpitts2004:

I have battlescribe on my android phone and built the data file myself.  I have not updated the rules in accordance with the latest FAQ changing the Blazing Body Special Rule but as this does not affect the points value I'm not too worried.  It's great for pick up games when you decide a points value there and then.

I still use Armybuilder 2.2 on my desktop PC as I like the format it prints out in and tend to use it more often when I have a game arranged and the points value is a known variable.  Then I can print off a list before going.

Cheers

Vogon

Vogon
Wolfair is currently in litigation with GW.....

Nicodemus:

rpitts2004
I thought they just got the standard template letter from GW. Briefly reading through their own forum chatter they don't seem to be taking it too seriously. They even poitned out that at some recent GW-led gaming events they explicitly noted that army lists could be printed out using Army Builder. ... if that's really true it won't help GW's case any ;)

~N

RichardC1967:

I have battlescribe on my android phone and built the data file myself.  I have not updated the rules in accordance with the latest FAQ changing the Blazing Body Special Rule but as this does not affect the points value I'm not too worried.  It's great for pick up games when you decide a points value there and then.

I still use Armybuilder 2.2 on my desktop PC as I like the format it prints out in and tend to use it more often when I have a game arranged and the points value is a known variable.  Then I can print off a list before going.

Cheers

Vogon

Vogon

rpitts2004
is there anyone left that GW isn't taking to court these days?