[Archive] Long Term Project of Mine

Theory_Man:

I’m planning on running a Stargate game at a convention (long term project, a few years). I have the models, still need to be painted and such. The rule system is a combination of a few different rule systems, plus some new stuff.

The problem I’m having is how to construct the table. The setting is going to take place in underground complex. I need advise on how to build something like that (think sort-of Space Hulk-ish). Anything would be helpful because I still in the brainstorming phase.

zobo1942:

Insulation foam. Remove the passages, etc… and keep the non-passage peices - use liquid nails to adhere the peices to your board. That way, you’ll be able to simulate the ‘underground’ part of it.

Hope this helps!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

See if you can find a lot of model air plane, Star Wars and tank parts for interesting details inside the fortress. Even some old, broken stereos can add some interesting componients and plastic shapes to your buildings. Also, try IMEX for some of their “Hex” system construction pieces. They sort of look “Starship Troopers” ish, if you know what I mean.

Here’s a link to Imex’s game - “Robogear”. http://www.imex-model.com/games1.htm

The Hexagon stuff is on page #2.

There’s another company that makes some corridors out of a resin compound that basically “Plug In” to each other. I’ll have to return to my hobby shop and get the info for you from there.

zobo1942:

Another idea which might work - I was at RONA/HOME DEPOT on the weekend looking at some stuff, and found that you can buy sheets of plastic (used for lighting) which are smooth, and about 3mm thick… and VERY cheap! I think they were only about $4, for a sheet about 24" square. So, you coulf trace out your plan onto it and take a dreme (or engraver) to it and etch out the details. A paint job, and you’re done!

Hope this helps!

See if you can find a lot of model air plane, Star Wars and tank parts for interesting details inside the fortress. Even some old, broken stereos can add some interesting componients and plastic shapes to your buildings. Also, try IMEX for some of their “Hex” system construction pieces. They sort of look “Starship Troopers” ish, if you know what I mean.

Here’s a link to Imex’s game - “Robogear”. http://www.imex-model.com/games1.htm

The Hexagon stuff is on page #2.

There’s another company that makes some corridors out of a resin compound that basically “Plug In” to each other. I’ll have to return to my hobby shop and get the info for you from there.

Tarrakk Blackhand