[Archive] Looking for trolls

Lord Archaon:

Dragon indeed looks outstanding, though it lacks a pair of wings. :wink: To my taste a dragon without wings is just a big, mean lizard. :stuck_out_tongue:

snowblizz:

Dragon indeed looks outstanding, though it lacks a pair of wings. ;) To my taste a dragon without wings is just a big, mean lizard. :P

Lord Archaon
I told him as much!

Just gonna add this, though:
you guys are wusses, the Heresy Dragon is £200 !!! so this is rather fairly priced really. :~

If I just could figure out something to do with it... the lack of wings of course is a big deal, I'll grant you that

nitroglysarine:

I like him, but yeah WINGS!!!

Perhaps with a big of work they could be crafted on.

Thorne:

Off topic but following the conversation the McFarlane dragons are pretty kick ass and with a little work make awesome warhammer dragons.

Waste Rider:

Also a bit of a tangent, but in the vein of original post; while there are always the old stone trolls with various poses still floating about on eBay and still current from GW, the plastic kit for river trolls which is fine. But, why is there only two poses for standard trolls in metal and BfSP slugdrool? Don’t they know by dropping those to a Special choice, folks are going to want to run bigger units?

Seems to me that someone could make a mint by sculpting look-a-likes in an assortment of poses

as the main dilemma is that other sculpts style the heads way differently from GW ones.

Lastly, Gamezone has a trio that are nice IMO but just about as expensive:

Thommy H:

But, why is there only two poses for standard trolls in metal and BfSP slugdrool?
Well, it's not like they dropped the Stone Trolls from their catalogue and, as you say, the new plastic River Trolls are out now. And the truth is, you can use both of those as regular Trolls if you really want to anyway - I don't think there's anyone who would argue that a unit of the old metal Stone Trolls couldn't serve equally well as ordinary Trolls. The plastic River Trolls are a bit harder, because they have all the webbed bits and fish, but even so. A Troll is a Troll is a Troll.

inkpwn:

Please excuse the meem, I couldn’t hold it in any longer.