[Archive] Looking for White Dwarf 250 & 252

Nicodemus:

As the subject says. Anyone have these kicking around their collection? I’m looking for some of the rules updates and clarifications that had been published for the Ravening Hordes list that were included in these issues (I think they’re for Orc & Goblin and Chaos Dwarfs, respectively).

If you’ve got 'em let me know as I just need some bits of info from them…

Thanks for any help that can be offered!!

~N

AGPO:

I’ve got them somewhere but I have no idea where. My WD collectionis currently ‘archived’ (read - dumped in a load of boxes in my loft with a load of other stuff) What specifically is it you’re looking for? Most errata in those days was reprinted in the annual

Nicodemus:

I've got them somewhere but I have no idea where. My WD collectionis currently 'archived' (read - dumped in a load of boxes in my loft with a load of other stuff) What specifically is it you're looking for? Most errata in those days was reprinted in the annual

AGPO
OK well I was looking for some of the RH errata etc as well as specific Q and A's on the RH CD list...

I'll see if I can hunt up the annual, although I"m almost positive I don't have that one here either...

~N

Grimstonefire:

I have that issue infront of me (it’s in 252), no mention of CD?

Hashut’s Blessing:

I believe I have mine 250miles away, but I think Nico’s looking for US editions.

Nicodemus:

I have that issue infront of me (it's in 252), no mention of CD?

Grimstonefire
Hmm, OK. I had found another document on-line that was referring to some Q and A stuff and rules clarifications for RH, but maybe they were mistaken and were just thinking of the RH supplement from WD #250 (maybe??)

I'm trying to find that page again that was talking about WD252... wish I hadn't closed it.

~~~ Update ~~~

OK, actually, here:
http://www.sactosaws.com/SAWSChallenge/2006Archive/SAWSChallengeRules2006.htm
(search for 252)
and also here

http://www.chaosdwarf.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=10479&start=30
(near the bottom)

I would just like to see/read for myself what is covered in there as I've only ever gotten other people's interpretations of that is presented.

Grimstonefire:

That solves it then, US WD 252. Can’t help I’m afraid.

Baggronor:

Ah US version. Can’t help either lol. Have the UK versions.

silentbob27:

It is a short blurb. PM me an I can e-mail it to you

cornixt:

The text is in the Direwolf FAQ, look here about halfway down:

http://www.glwl.org/7th_faqs/cd_faq.txt

silentbob27:

Ah, the good old Direwolf FAQ. I even used those when I ran my CD’s in the league a few years back. Funny I didnt look there first since I am a member of the GLWL…

Nicodemus:

The text is in the Direwolf FAQ, look here about halfway down:
http://www.glwl.org/7th_faqs/cd_faq.txt

cornixt
Thanks cornixt. That FAQ is the reason I was looking for these copies of WD. Can anyone confirm that some of the content is exactly as-stated in WD or has Direwolf reinterpreted some things? What I really wanted was to read those articles for myself to see the wording and what was said.

cornixt:

I’ve seen a scan of those errata rules (it used to be hosted on here until GW gave us a “nudge”) and the text is identical. It’s not a rewritten version.

slev:

Nico: Ever get a feeling of de-ja-vu?

zobo1942:

Checked with GW - they don’t have any copies of US WD 250 & 252 for sale. Which amazes me.

I sent them an email back telling them to hurry up and create a online library of White Dwarf pdfs for sale, because chumps like me would gladly fork over $1.99 or so to download a high res pdf of a complete magazine.

Let’s hope ‘Dave’ from customer service is ambitious and wants to get a little bit of office cred by suggesting it to people ‘in the know’.

Nicodemus:

I did manage to track someone down who had these and they were able to get me the exact wording of the rules bits I was looking for for the podcast… stay tuned for that part of the show. We cover some other rules bits that aren’t quite explicitly stated anywhere (i.e. BSB stuff and a few others).

nitroglysarine:

i have both, in uk versions.

i’ll have a look for them later.