[Archive] Lore of Hashut Cataclysm Spells

Nicodemus:

Seeing as the Tamurkhan book does not include Cataclysm spells for the Lore of Hashut (did we really think it would) this leaves our Lore of Hashut sorcerers somewhat mismatched in SoM games. Here’s some rules and cards I made up for our local friendly games:

Presence

Equilibrium

Dominance

The set:

Sorry, can’t send out a pdf of all of them as the main Lore of Hashut cards are not my IP

Has anyone else come up with their own versions?

~N

P.S. found a typo… will fix that later :wink:

ryanamandaanna:

1 and 3 are really interesting-- 2 seems like it may be a little overpowered? What has your experience been with them?

Nicodemus:

We haven’t had an occasion to use #2 yet. It could be OP, but I was thinking that any game that allowed the destruction of buildings and is already in a SoM setting where Cataclysm spells are anyway that this effect may not be too crazy. Maybe instead it should require the player to choose one building instead of “Any buildings”… 1 is maybe good, 5 would be OP :wink:

I was more worried about spell #1, but so far it’s been only moderate as it’s never been to the point where I could totally pull my army out of the fire with it… I think for #1 to be OP I’d need to have several warmachines damaged and/or unable to fire for a turn, and then instead have them all immediately fire and catch my opponent unprepared. #3 is basically a copy of the other vortex spells and is amost balanced simply by relation to all the others.

Admiral:

I like your range of Cataclysm spells. But I think that #3’s name is too long. How about just “Hashut’s Diabolic Furnace”?

In any case, the spells seem to be on the level, good work on those!

cornixt:

Are these completely new spells you made up or are they existing cataclysm spells with a Hashut-twist? I wondered if simply compiling a list of the suitable existing spells would work well, mostly taking Fire, Death, Metal, and Shadow spells so you don’t have to argue with anyone over the fairness.

KramDratta:

@Nicodemus: Could you like post an image of the blank front card & another of the back image for those of us with less … artistic skill?

RichardC1967:

any updates on these cards with regards to fixing the typos(card 1 has two, and card 3 has several) or renaming card 3 to the shorter suggested name?Thanks for coming up with these…I’m looking forward to using them…

Barukh:

I think the equilibrium spell is actually pretty fair and should stay the same, since it requires that you had to have been controlling the building or fulcrum the turn before it was destroyed. I don’t recall but I think there are one or two actual cataclysm spells that can destroy fulcrums, and destroying buildings usually is dependent on the SoM’s additional scenario rules.

rpitts2004:

yeah back of the card would be great!

These are awesome

RichardC1967:

These are awesome

rpitts2004
I just used the "Lore of Hashut" cards back that another member posted here a while back...

rpitts2004:

These are awesome

rpitts2004
I just used the "Lore of Hashut" cards back that another member posted here a while back...

RichardC1967
Didn't think of that, thanks