[Archive] Lore of Hashut vs. Lore of Death

Novos:

Hey all!!!

So I’m trying to decide what lore I want to put on my flying level 4. Essentially what is the best lore available to us. Obviously the 2 choices are Death & Hashut. I’m leaving metal out because everybody and their mother (at least in my gaming group) is playing elves right now and I just think better options are available. So let’s talk :smiley:

I don’t care about fodder spells. Every spell has it’s use and all that garbage. Lets talk about the 2 spells from each lore that actually win games.

Ash Storm & Flames of Azgorh vs. Spirit Leech & Purple Pie of Tears and Pain

Why Hashut

- Ash Storm is insanely good for static gunline lists which is what im using.

- Ash Storm can nullify death stars and level 4 wizards, I’m planning on seeing alot of em.

- Azgorh can be placed anywhere on the table within LoS and doesn’t have a range, meaning we can start blasting the nancy boys right off the bat, works beautifully on monsters as well.

- Azgorh has a 1 in 3 chance to force that insane toughness test at -2 toughness… Not even Tyrion can pass that test.

- I’ll already have 2 spirit leeches on my level 1s.

- Flames of Azgorh does great damage and carries no risk of backfiring and costing me 400 points; 500 with general death.

Why Death

- Leadership 10 Spirit Leech is broken as hell… Many will fall.

- Spirit Leech is a sig, so no amount of crappy luck is keeping my lvl 4 away from it; unlike ash storm.

- Flanking Purple Sun is an auto game winner, especially on a flying sorc proph.

- Hashut doesn’t have anywhere near the damage output of Death.

- Fodder spells are arguably much better than hashut’s.

- Azgorh allows saves except for the big hit, purple sun does not.

I probably missed alot but thats the basics of it. What do you guys think? Whats been working better for you? Who framed Roger Rabbit? You decide…

Thanks!!!

Roark:

Yeah, I use Hashut for footslogger Prophets and generally Death for mounted.

gashnag:

Yeah, I use Hashut for footslogger Prophets and generally Death for mounted.

Roark
I like this Tamurkhan review that had in addition to the guy giving the review to the book, it had Alan Bligh the author of the book and creator of the current chaos dwarf army list and his thoughs of the army it self. Alan gives his thoughts on Lore choices and army builds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-MFM9ZRdQs

Yodrin:

I like Hashut, and use that more often than any other lore

Bloodbeard:

I don’t like death. Purple Sun is just too bad a play I guess. At least against flames of azgorh you can get a save.

Also I don’t think death fits too well with the fluff.

I always go Hashut and fire on daemonsmiths. Ash storm, fireballs, black hammer. Great mayhem on big things.

Plus Hashut stilm has a sniper spell.

Admiral:

I’d have preferred longer range on some Lore of Hashut spells. But I still think Lore of Hashut plays a better support role for the army. Especially hatred and Ash storm. For magic damage output I also try Lore of Fire on a Daemonsmith.

Purple sun out of the rulebook is just a fat slice of cheese. On many Swedish tournaments it’s either forbidden or watered down to more reasonable levels.

ThorAxe:

I find purple sun terrible, given that most players in my area run warriors and some flavor of elves and both have high I. Others play either daemons or VC, and those can replenish losses to a degree.I find myself using Hashut or metal, as hashut is generally good, and metal can make the train and infernal guard near impossible to hurt and weaken elite armies stats down to infernal guard levels. Final transmutation is awesome against high elf PG, and is more effective than either of the two listed lores at killing cowards in buildings

Admiral:

That’s how I think about it too, Herby. :stuck_out_tongue:

Though I sometimes miss Lore of Hashut on the lvl 2s.

zhatan87:

You should’nt forget Doom and Darkness (autowin spell sometimes). And soulblight… With a gunline list, both spells are ultimate…

Zanthrax:

“Keep calm and praise hashut”

Novos:

Amazing replies guys thanks a bunch!!!

Truth to be told I don’t care whats cheesey, my gaming group plays hard lists and we’re all cool with that. My main concern is what wins. I think Death is better overall but the risk of killing one’s prophet is a little scary, especially since I have so many elven opponents.

Gaming Group:
Dark Elves X2
High Elves
Wood Elves
Lizardmen X2
Vampire Counts
Me (O&G and CD)

Quick question, does Flames of Azgorh hit every model it passes over, or just what the template finally lands on?

Thanks again!

tenebre:

I only use Hashut and Metal. just feels more fluffy to me. Also Death purple sun … no one uses it in my group its just too broken

gashnag:

Quick question, does Flames of Azgorh hit every model it passes over, or just what the template finally lands on?

Novos
It acts like a stone thrower

Novos:

Novos
It acts like a stone thrower

gashnag
Purple sun it is lol!

Grimbold Blackhammer:

It’s tough to go wrong with a lore where you kill enemy characters and then get power dice back for doing it.

EVDante:

I think lore of Hashut is almost broken, Ash Storm and Flame of Azgorh are simply OP while Hatred is a really good spell! Infernal guards that repeat failed to hit rolls are amazing!

Spencer:

I think that I would choose the lore of death for a mounted sorceler prophet and the lore of hashut for a standard one.

The lore of death is very offensive and very good for an offensive character who goes near to the ennemy lines. But lore of hashut could also be chosen in this role. I m thinking especially at the hammer of hashut spell which can make high damages if you’re on ennemy’s flank!