[Archive] Lot of questions

Loidrial:

I’m sorry to create threads on threads, some mod pls tell me if I’m doing something wrong.

I just finished my 1st match at 1k pts vs wood elves ( so this means that I have atleast 1k dwarves, idk if this would give me a medal on the avatar or what) me and my pal were both really rusty but we still pulled something out of it.

I won of 407 pts, I have no idea what kind of victory is on the score but lets roll with the questions.

1) if a unit is half in short range and half in long range, do I roll twice for see who hits?

2) are the bulls really so disappointing? I expected a Bus effect after a charge, but 2 attacks str 4 vs elves, got unlucky and the wardancers killed 2 of them instantly with dead strike, or how is it called in english? 6 on wound no armor allowed.

I had 2 unit of 2x2 bulls with muso and banner, they didnt feel right, I expected something explosive, some WHOOOSH and no elves on my path.

Instead wasnt like that, I was stucked for 2 of my turns and 2 of his in melee

3) I charged with my bulls on his archers, he stays after losing the encounter, he charges on my flank after with his tree spirit people, dunno the english name, dryads?

Whad does he have? +2 for charging my flank with 5 models and I lose my rank bonus? Especially if he loses a 2v1, he has to test with both unit and eventually run away?

If so with both, can i chose who follow or do I follow only the one in front of me?

4) last, the rocket. I can shoot anywhere in his LoS, but what is it? I mean, can I rotate it on his place? or will that be considered as “move or shoot”? Because I couldnt find it on the CD codex

I know some of those questions can be answered on the rulebook, but I just came back from the match and I’m excited (plus is late) so I didnt want to forget and type down here.

THX for everything, and sorry for the long thread.  :(:~:hat off

Bloodbeard:

I'm sorry to create threads on threads, some mod pls tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

I just finished my 1st match at 1k pts vs wood elves ( so this means that I have atleast 1k dwarves, idk if this would give me a medal on the avatar or what) me and my pal were both really rusty but we still pulled something out of it.

I won of 407 pts, I have no idea what kind of victory is on the score but lets roll with the questions.

1) if a unit is half in short range and half in long range, do I roll twice for see who hits?

2) are the bulls really so disappointing? I expected a Bus effect after a charge, but 2 attacks str 4 vs elves, got unlucky and the wardancers killed 2 of them instantly with dead strike, or how is it called in english? 6 on wound no armor allowed.
I had 2 unit of 2x2 bulls with muso and banner, they didnt feel right, I expected something explosive, some WHOOOSH and no elves on my path.
Instead wasnt like that, I was stucked for 2 of my turns and 2 of his in melee

3) I charged with my bulls on his archers, he stays after losing the encounter, he charges on my flank after with his tree spirit people, dunno the english name, dryads?
Whad does he have? +2 for charging my flank with 5 models and I lose my rank bonus? Especially if he loses a 2v1, he has to test with both unit and eventually run away?
If so with both, can i chose who follow or do I follow only the one in front of me?

4) last, the rocket. I can shoot anywhere in his LoS, but what is it? I mean, can I rotate it on his place? or will that be considered as "move or shoot"? Because I couldnt find it on the CD codex

I know some of those questions can be answered on the rulebook, but I just came back from the match and I'm excited (plus is late) so I didnt want to forget and type down here.

THX for everything, and sorry for the long thread.  :(:~:hat off

Loidrial
1) Yes. Roll the dice separately. Some hit better than others.

2) remember you have a stomp attack with the bulls as well. A strength 4 attack from front rank midels who hit last. No killing blow! That only work on normal infantry - so that was a mistake.

3) He gets +1 from charging and +1 from flank attack - yes. You would loose rank bonus - yes. But for BCs to get that yhey must be 3 wide and first rank don't count.
If he looses he take break test. I think you decide who to follow if both units breaks.

4) warmachines rotate freely before firing. LoS can be directlt behind them. No problem.

Bloodbeard:

You get a 1000pts medal when you upload a painted 1000pts army.

Loidrial:

1) Yes. Roll the dice separately. Some hit better than others.

2) remember you have a stomp attack with the bulls as well. A strength 4 attack from front rank midels who hit last. No killing blow! That only work on normal infantry - so that was a mistake.

3) He gets +1 from charging and +1 from flank attack - yes. You would loose rank bonus - yes. But for BCs to get that yhey must be 3 wide and first rank don't count.
If he looses he take break test. I think you decide who to follow if both units breaks.

4) warmachines rotate freely before firing. LoS can be directlt behind them. No problem.

Bloodbeard
1) ok we did this one right

2) you mean the bulls do impact damage when they charge like a chariot? it isnt on the tamirkhan codex, where did you see it? I didnt get this stomp attack...
So playing them in 2x2 formation doesnt give me the ranks? I tought it was because I got people advicing me to play them like this for keep the eventual hero safe on the back and have a smaller unit to hit.

4)so is it there any point in moving the warmachine? eventually how can i? Just the crew mov and after cant shoot, right?

Knowing this I would probably won of 600 pts instead of 400
Thx!

Dînadan:

2) you mean the bulls do impact damage when they charge like a chariot? it isnt on the tamirkhan codex, where did you see it? I didnt get this stomp attack...
So playing them in 2x2 formation doesnt give me the ranks? I tought it was because I got people advicing me to play them like this for keep the eventual hero safe on the back and have a smaller unit to hit.

Loidrial
No it's not impact hits, it's an entirely different rule called Stomp. It's not in Tamurkhan because it's covered in the main rulebook - go check in the Special rules section for what it does and under Unit Types for why BCs get it.
Playing 2x2 doesn't give you ranks, again go and look in the main rulebook under Unit types for what is needed for ranks.
4)so is it there any point in moving the warmachine? eventually how can i? Just the crew mov and after cant shoot, right?
Generally there's no point in moving the warmachine, but under some circumstances it might be necessary such as if there are no targets (and you're unlikely to get any staying where you are) or the warmachine is coming in from reserve for some reason. As with BCs above, checking the main rulebook under Unit Types will answer this question.

Rickie:

Oponents often forget that warmachines even can move. Sometimes you can do a sneaky move where you move your machine forward and get em in place as a redirector (kinda, WM rules make it worse). But can work well sometimes, like once every hundred games ^^

Not wery likly with Movment 3, and only the Rockets are cheap enough to happily make the trade. More useful for Elves. But you should be aware of it.

Loidrial:

No it's not impact hits, it's an entirely different rule called Stomp.  It's not in Tamurkhan because it's covered in the main rulebook - go check in the Special rules section for what it does and under Unit Types for why BCs get it.
Playing 2x2 doesn't give you ranks, again go and look in the main rulebook under Unit types for what is needed for ranks.

Dînadan
Ok got it, 1 hit per front model str 4 in this case, good. but on the tamurkhan doesnt say they have it.
Special rules contempt, scaly skin and fear. That is it O.o

Bloodbeard:

All monstrous cav, monstrius inf and monstrous beast have it.

Unit types can have special rules as well. Like swiftstride, stomp, fear etc.

Dînadan:

No it's not impact hits, it's an entirely different rule called Stomp.  It's not in Tamurkhan because it's covered in the main rulebook - go check in the Special rules section for what it does and under Unit Types for why BCs get it.

Dînadan
Ok got it, 1 hit per front model str 4 in this case, good. but on the tamurkhan doesnt say they have it.
Special rules contempt, scaly skin and fear. That is it O.o

Loidrial
Like I said, go read the main rule book (NOT Tamurkhan, the big red book with the rules of how to play the game in it); each unit has a Unit Type, each Unit Type has special rules which are listed in the Unit Type section in the rulebook. You check the unit's entry in Tamurkhan to see what its Unit Type is, then go check the main rulebook to see what they get for being that type. These are in addition to the Special Rules listed in Tamurkhan.

Loidrial:

I wont open another thread, so I will just ask here again.

I just trashed a wood elf friend at 1k (he had 300 pts left after 4 turns, I had all 1k)

My Bullcentaur captain challanged his wardancer cap.

He attacks, deal 1 w I attack and kills him with 1 w +1 blood bath(called like this in english?)

At this point, do I still get my automatic hoof attack or not because the cpt died already so the attack would be pointless? For understand if I could get 1 extra bloodbath point.

Dînadan:

I think you’re on about ‘Overkill’. No you don’t as Stomp attacks are made last and at that point the enemy hero is already dead. The only exception is if your BC hero was armed with a great weapon as then those attacks would also have Always Strikes Last and thus you’d make the regular attacks and the Stomp attack a the same time.

Loidrial:

I think you're on about 'Overkill'.  No you don't as Stomp attacks are made last and at that point the enemy hero is already dead.  The only exception is if your BC hero was armed with a great weapon as then those attacks would also have Always Strikes Last and thus you'd make the regular attacks and the Stomp attack a the same time.

Dînadan
I tought about the great wapon, I asked this to be sure we did it right, he had 2 weapons.

gIL^:

Chaos Dwarfs have a horrible time playing at 1000 pt’s so weldone ther.